• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds When to start your seeds UK.

Following Shaggs2riches post yesterday, I was curious when others in the UK started their seeds?

I am in the southwest near the coast so frost isn't too common but we do get lots of rain.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Not in UK, but rule of thumb seems to be about two months before last frost is the minimum.  I think it is more a matter of what your goals are and what sort of indoor set up you have.  Available space and light make a huge difference.  I will be starting late this month and things wont go outside till March.  I grow, top, clone, move all winter long.  The older the plants are when they can live outside, the more they produce in a single season.

Billy I start my sowing between Christmas Day and New Year ... I pop them in the propergator and either use a clone tent under T5 artificial lighting or use the airing cupboard until the first loops appear then transfer to a small grow tent ... others wait till February or March then sow but as I predominantly grow C. Chinense they take a good 8-10 months to fully mature and fruit in our weather conditions. I start to harden off around April/May when the frost has gone. It's a long growing season it's now October and my SB7J's are just starting to colour up .... so what varieties are you looking to grow next season ...

PS .. your pods will be posted Monday ...

There are so many I want to grow but will try and limit it somewhat.

In no particular order:
Carolina Reaper
white bhut jolokia
Red bhut jolokia
Yellow bhut jolokia
Scotch bonnet (varieties undecided)
Moruga scorpion
aji lemondrop
Numex Bailey pequin
Sweet pointed (for my wife)
Cheyenne
Dorset Naga
Caldero
Royal black
Ubatuba cambuchi
Yellow Thai hot
Habaneros (varieties undecided)
+ something or something's from the seed train, likely to include fatalis.

Wow I think I'm going to be in trouble at home.

"PS .. your pods will be posted Monday ..."

Wonderful, you're a star. Did you want some powder or sauce?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Billy I'm in yorkshire so it will be early December in prop then lights till warm enough in very small greenhouse

Back