• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

When will I have peppers??

Although, I gotta say, when I saw the question "Is rainwater safe to use?"..... I was kinda dumbfounded. Not you, Moruga, another poster. Hell dude, these guys might stick it to ya from time to time, but the best way to handle it is to stick it back.

You might not have any super hot peppers ready by the beginning of August (I never do), but there are a lot of generous people here who could hook you up with whatever you need...I'd say plan your pepper eating contest!

You don't have to worry about me asking any more stupid questions.

Sorry if my post did anything to cause that statement. I actually go to your profile and follow your topics because the questions you ask and the comments you make get members to put out a wealth of information that I am learning from. I have been gardening for over 30 years and I'm learning things with your help. I would be shy to ask some of the things you ask and I am julious of your enthusiasm to learn. You'll find that know-it-alls don't know chit cuz they are too macho to ask, listen and learn. Keep asking cuz I'm gona get some Moruga seeds and I want to know all about it.

P.S. Look at how many likes you have already.

If you never ask, you'll never know. Curiosity is where it's at. If pepper growing is your interest then reading lots will help even tho it's not the topic you're looking for. Like Patrick said, if you search a lil bit and try to find your answer you might find tons more things you didn't know and might aid you in the future. This my first year growing as well and I don't know what I'm doing most of the time Lmao. I search first if I can't find my answer I experiment, that easy I put down extra seed and I keep some and others get to be lab rats.

For your question: From my experience with chinense, once I get a flower and gets pollenated, I've had them get ripe in about 60 days. I had a habanero flowering in January and took 2 months for it to develop and it ripened in about 4-5 days. Pequin did the same as well from flower to ripe pod in about 2 months. and pods ripened in about 2-3 days. That's just my experience and they were under lights.

*just my experience so don't take it as a fact, there's many variables to be able to get a accurate answer. Good luck.*

(And keep it fun :fireball:)

,Vegas

Back