• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Where can I buy pepper plants?

Huh didn't know those even existed.. I'll go there tomorrow or the day after and check them out. Thanks for doing the research for me! haha.

Haha no real research, just googled "garden center Jacksonville, Fl."

IIRC, JAX traffic sucks; might wanna give 'em all a call first.

backyardpepper said:
So I want to buy pepper plants since I'm awful at germinating seeds.. The only plants people sell close by are jalapeno's so does anyone know a site that sells plants? Thanks!
where in florida are you? i have a whole bunch of doubles of seedlings that i started not long ago. the plants are 4-10" tall

edit-nvm i see jackson. mine might be shippable but i've never done that before, so not sure 

OSUPepperGuy said:
Jax sucks period.
Agreed.

BigB said:
where in florida are you? i have a whole bunch of doubles of seedlings that i started not long ago. the plants are 4-10" tall

edit-nvm i see jackson. mine might be shippable but i've never done that before, so not sure 
My guess would be that shipping would cost a fortune. I'll just try and germinate seeds.

backyardpepper said:
My guess would be that shipping would cost a fortune. I'll just try and germinate seeds.

At first I had trouble starting seeds too. I found that using the burped 72seed cell with the plastic top on it works best. costs 20$ http://www.homedepot.com/p/Burpee-72-Cell-Self-Watering-Greenhouse-Kit-95072/203110198

For the soil medium, I used a coco coir based seed starter and I had my grow lights on. I left the top on one of the sprouted seedlings wouldn't fit anymore, but it took about 2-3 weeks to get them sprout up, and even then after about a month i had some sprout after i separated them and put them in solo cups

BigB said:

At first I had trouble starting seeds too. I found that using the burped 72seed cell with the plastic top on it works best. costs 20$ http://www.homedepot.com/p/Burpee-72-Cell-Self-Watering-Greenhouse-Kit-95072/203110198

For the soil medium, I used a coco coir based seed starter and I had my grow lights on. I left the top on one of the sprouted seedlings wouldn't fit anymore, but it took about 2-3 weeks to get them sprout up, and even then after about a month i had some sprout after i separated them and put them in solo cups
I'll try and do that thanks man!

Back