• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Where to buy quality pepper seeds?

So far I've bought seeds from Pepperjoe.com, but I'm wondering what are the other sites that have a good reputation and a good selection of pepper seeds. I'm sure similar questions have been asked before, but I didn't see it through a quick search so I appoligize if I am being redundant.  Thank you.

Pepperlover.com, Ford`s Fiery Foods and Plants, Refining Fire Chiles, Rainbowchiliseeds, semillas.de, The Hippy Seed Company, Junglerain, Buckeye Pepper Company, Puckerbutt Pepper Company.

Don`t be put off by ordering from Europe or Australia. They send things very quickly and are very high quality.

Oh, and if you look down the front page of THP, you`ll find "The Vendors Vault" which has a lot of independent reviews/comments on the various vendors. 

Nigel said:
Pepperlover.com, Ford`s Fiery Foods and Plants, Refining Fire Chiles, Rainbowchiliseeds, semillas.de, The Hippy Seed Company, Junglerain, Buckeye Pepper Company, Puckerbutt Pepper Company.

Don`t be put off by ordering from Europe or Australia. They send things very quickly and are very high quality.

Oh, and if you look down the front page of THP, you`ll find "The Vendors Vault" which has a lot of independent reviews/comments on the various vendors. 

+ 1 these are all Good I have ordered from Fords Fiery Foods, Refining Chile, and Buckeye Pepper and got free seeds from Pepperlover all are good

I've always ordered my seeds from Pepperjoes.

Next season I'm pondering widening my horizons, but he was where I first ordered from and had great customer service.  He even sent me out replacement seeds after I had 0% germination with one variety (likely caused by me not knowing what I was doing that first year).

If I were to ever order more than a few varieties at a time though, I think I'd have to go with somebody else based purely on price.

Im a big fan of tradewindsfruit.com - i haven't had any problems with them, and compared to some of the other sites I've seen, the seeds are cheap.

I buy some seeds from RefiningFireChiles.com every year and every year I get pretty good results in terms of germination.  The only dud I've had from them has been fatalii seeds this year.  Their shipping costs to Texas was low.  Something like $1-$2 (?).  I've also bought reaper seeds from puckerbuttpeppercompany.com.  I've tried pepperjoes.com and tradewindsfruit.com in the past, but didn't have great luck with the seeds, but that was when I was just learning, so who knows - it may have just been my lack of experience in growing anything.  I'll be trying some of the others mentioned here in future seasons, but I'll always be using refiningfirechiles.com since I've had such good luck with them.

Pepperlover.com (aka Judy) has awesome customer service, and she sends you tons of freebies in addition to your order

Take the time and read the reviews in the vendor vault. I wish I had when I first started here. Got taken by one company, but had I read the reviews I would have known better. Now I always check the reviews before each purchase, just to make sure things are still going well before I send any of them my money. 

Back