• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Which one of these is hotter?

2 Hottest in the world for the price... but which is hotter?

Unless someone knows of others that have actually been tested with results I can see for myself, it looks like DaBomb Final Answer(1.5 million) and Demon Ichor (2 mill) are the hottest bottles available under $60. They're both $30-ish. The Demon Ichor seems much runnier/thinner. I can tip the bottle of the Final Answer and it takes awhile for it pour, the Demon Ichor pours out quick. I read somewhere... since the 16 million (hottest on earth) is almost like resin..the thicker...the hotter, so I don't know why 2mill is much runnier than 1.5. But does anyone know (opinion or fact) which one of these is really hotter, despite what the advertised Scoville on the bottle? I really can't tell and just want other opinions.:hell::onfire::hell:

I don't know why one is more runnier than the other. however, if you just want the hottest one, you can't go past a 2 million Scovie extract, it is afterall 500,000 SHU's (33%) hotter than DBFA.

I have some of Defcon's super duper hot limited release sauce. it actually separates (or settles) into two different layers, one thick and muddy, the other much more liquid.

maybe the Demon Ichor is mixed with another type of oil, like Pure Cap is...

From what I've heard, if you want an amazingly hot sauce, go with Black Mamba - every single source I've seen on it says it's amazingly hot, and most of them estimate it at 2-2.5 million scoville - and it's only $12-$18 per bottle, meaning you can buy more than one for your price range.

I don't think it's been actually tested yet, though, so I can't get you an accurate rating...

~Trexxen

No... I thought Black mamba was more tame **in comparison** with Ichor and DBFA. When it comes to Scovilles...you really get what you pay for. I don't believe anyone would sell 2 million for $12-$15. An honest to God, lab tested and proven 2 mill is gonna cost you $30+ easy, unless someone wants to enlighten me to another extract. Try Demon Ichor and give me your opinion. I think I found my answer last night. We all went out for wings. We put 1 small dot on each wing and after the first couple of wings, we're all gasping and sweating. We've been doing the same thing with the Final Answer every week until the bottle was gone and we all agreed the Demon had the edge on heat. And it the burn lasts much longer. It actually feels like you've been stung in the mouth by a wasp. It has a sharper/more stingy burn. Yep, we find fun in it somehow.:(

Once you get above a certain level of heat, I don't think you can really detect the difference. What it the difference between inferno and blast oven? I don't know. Perhaps I'm a poor judge, but I can't tell the difference between DBFA and Toxic Waste, for example...though there is an apparent difference in SHU by a couple hundred thousand.

Yea I agree to a point. But the Demon Ichor just burned for a longer period of time which makes me think thats the 500,000 difference. I do understand your point however.
Tabsaco is in the 2,000 range and Demon Ichor is 2,000,000. Thats almost 100 times hotter. Very distinguishable difference. But, comparing 2 mill to 7 mill. Well, 3 times hotter isn't anywhere as noticable as 100 times.

Instead of looking for hotter sauce why not put more than 1 drop on each wing? I like it real hot too but I dont want to eat garbage either and most sauces taste like Im chewing a copper pipe at that level. To each their own I guess... Let us know how you make out ... and take pics

Because the more drops you put on it, the more you change the origial flavor. And the hotter the sauce, the longer the bottle lasts. We do end up with 2-3 drops on each wing by the time we half way through the bottle and it doesn't change the flavor a whole lot. Im not gonna pay $200 for some signed collector bottle thats not supposed to be opened just to say I tried 10,000,000+. So I'm always curious to see what the hottest sauce available is...within a reasonable $30+ price range.
By the way, 1-2 drops of Ichor on a wing doesn't even come close to tasting like a copper pipe. As matter of fact, it doesn't change the original flavor of the wing sauce much at all. If we all thought it tasted like copper, I know we wouldn't be eating. So I don't know where the problem lies.

As with most extracts, as your seem to tout, the flavor is awfull -- despite how you like to mask it with wing sauce.

Except for Defcon 0 which is by far the best tasting extract I have ever sampled.

Again, try the DM MKII, and cut it with the Defense Condition #1 on wings. You'll like the results.

The next batch of ZERO (Batch #5) should be ready in August. If you want some, make sure you're on the list, the stuff flies off the inventory VERY fast, especially the taster bottle we will be doing in addition to the collectors edition. We don't know how many taster bottles there will be, as we don't know our exact yield yet.

LUCKYDOG said:
As with most extracts, as your seem to tout, the flavor is awfull -- despite how you like to mask it with wing sauce.

Except for Defcon 0 which is by far the best tasting extract I have ever sampled.

I agree to a point. But, if the extract is hot enough you don't use enough to change the wings sauce flavor at all. Ichor is so hot that it only takes a few drops in my favorite wing sauce. Because it only takes a few drops.. the flavor of my favorite wing sauce still tastes like my favorite wing sauce only with extreme heat. If the extract/sauce doesn't have EXTREME heat (take Black Mamba for instance) I find myself using too much to get the heat level I want... and the wing sauce flavor changes...which is not what I want to happen. So I either look for the absolute hottest stuff on the market in my price range and use only a few drops (which makes the bottle last a few months...saving money in the process) or I have to find something with less heat that mixes well since I have to use a lot to boost the heat to where I want.

Back