• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Which will pepper?

This pepper gave it to me with the name Japanese sweet pepper. No meeting place rated by any reference of this variety. 
Initially thought to be Black Beauty, but by having small doubt. Approximately 2.5 inches long 

When mature the first, changing to deep red and quite spicy. 

Someone can help me?

2014-01-31%252017.48.00.jpg

2014-01-31%252016.18.12.jpg

2014-01-28%252015.58.48.jpg

This is the flower

2014-01-26%252020.22.19.jpg

Thanks!

ms1476 said:
Aji Limon (or Lemon Pepper in English).And they are quite tasty, even in their green state.
I don't believe that is a baccatum from the photos shown. Flower shot is not crystal clear but from what I see there are no baccatum markings. Also I can't see the leaves very well from the picture but they do look Chinense like.

My final thoughts it is a capsicum Chinense "fatalii cross"

Yeah, I was unsure of the leaves, and went by pods (the most salient feature in the photos). Pods look like all my Limons. Flowers don't have the green centers, and certainly do look Chinense. Could very well be a cross.

Interesting pods, if it tastes good then i'd call it a keeper. Isolate a few flowers to prevent further crossing, and save some seed for next year.

Fatalii pods def have a strong smell when cut, imho. You may very well have a Fatalii + annuum cross.

Thanks for the advice. I tend to isolate flowers seeds. Incidentally had thought the same as you, but who gave me this plant, shall be entitled to baptize with the variety name. Apparently we are 3 we sow the seed lot from this ... Other 2 are waiting to compare ripe fruit. 

Cypress, ahi ya te dijieron que variedad es. Yo no estaba seguro por eso no te regrese el MP.

That fatalii plant came from pepperlover's seed. A guy bought the seed and shared with this guy and the plant shot out different shaped pods that look more like a cross or just some different.

My take is if he got the seed as fatalii and pods do look like fatalii then it's likely to be a cross.

Another thing I been thinking is if it's a cross with something else it's definitely not a red variety. Red is a dominant color in early hibrids.

Anyway it's a pepper if you like it, isolate and save seeds for next season.

-Walt

Thanks Vidal...  or Walt???

It was much easier than it looked like the black scorpion tongue. On this yellow pepper, surely there will be to watch as the other fruits and as will those of the next generation if the hybrid stabilized.

Cypresshill i don't know if there's a layman's answer to your question, some botanists may know. It would be interesting to find out.

But as for the results, there have been many Chinense x Annuum crosses posted in forums over the years, and the plants and pods tend to take on characteristics of both families. The first generation is labeled F1 of course, it's the following generations, F2, F3 etc, that begin reverting back to one of their original lineages. There can be a lot of diversity that is spawned out of a single cross from a single pod, growers usually replant from plants/pods that have the characteristics they want (choosing a lineage).

Back