• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Which will pepper?

This pepper gave it to me with the name Japanese sweet pepper. No meeting place rated by any reference of this variety. 
Initially thought to be Black Beauty, but by having small doubt. Approximately 2.5 inches long 

When mature the first, changing to deep red and quite spicy. 

Someone can help me?

2014-01-31%252017.48.00.jpg

2014-01-31%252016.18.12.jpg

2014-01-28%252015.58.48.jpg

This is the flower

2014-01-26%252020.22.19.jpg

Thanks!

it depends on the f2 i believe because if I'm not wrong the f1 has 50% mother and 50% father so in the f2 it will start to choose if it wants to go annuum or chinense. i can almost guarantee it will be chinense because of the multiple flowers per nodes. one of the key identification signs in identifying an annuum is that it has only 1 flower per node.

Thanks for your help. I myself have noticed because of Fatalii traits prevail. Fatalii was apparently mother plant and pollen get from annuum is evident. 
F2 next year will be crucial to find characteristic traits. 

As you would call a new variety?, Help me with some idea.

cypresshill1973 said:
As you would call a new variety?, Help me with some idea.

Some of us would be reluctant to say, since we aren't totally sure that it is a cross to begin with, and we aren't sure of the two parent varieties, we've been trying to make logical guesses.

Add those difficulties to the naming confusion that already exists, 5 different peppers all given the same name, then 1 pepper given 5 names.

The next few generations may provide more clues, especially if your isolated seed lead to a bunch of different pod types (signs of a cross in the original parent). In the meantime you can call it something generic, like Cypress Hill's Mystery Yellow for example, then give it a more formal name after a couple more generations. In the meantime you might figure out the actual pepper type, and that it may not be a new variety after all.

I believe that the F8 generation is considered nearly stable, more good info.

It definitely looks like a keeper to me, i really like the flavor of most yellow-ripe peppers.

Thank you very much for the explanation. I know the topic quite theoretical. I have read many books and a lot of research, I know hybrid theory but not much. Making garden for several years. 

Instead on peppers is something new. I do not mean to cultivate, or methods, or soil, but in kind, secrets peppers and types almost unknown to me until recently, as I have always cultivated traditional varieties for consumption at home .. 
Sometimes need to ask for help to know more than me. :drooling:

I have another pepper that gave it to me. Without knowing it to be. :confused:

2014-02-13%252017.29.50.jpg

2014-02-13%252017.30.12.jpg

2014-02-13%252017.30.27.jpg

2014-02-13%252017.31.20.jpg

2014-02-13%252017.31.30.jpg

Jetchuka said:
Looks like the Czechoslovakian black pepper to me. The pods begin growing upright, then turn downwards as they get larger, purple markings on the flower.

http://peppermeister.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/czech1.jpg

The fruits behave well, grow up and then fall.  Approximate 8cm fruit, maybe you grow more. 

Be quite similar. I notice these a little more rugged. I will look on this variety Czechoslovakian probably be the same.

Czechoslovakian black mature in red, or purple? 

cypresshill1973 said:

Czechoslovakian black mature in red, or purple? 

I looked them up in Google Images, most seem to ripen to red, but i see some yellow ones in some pics.

A lot of websites say they ripen to red, i haven't seen any mentioning yellow ones.

I mailed Judy about the weird fataliis and she replied saying those are wasp peppers. That she had some seeds last year and one must have got mixed in the package. She will be offering them this summer if anyone is interested.

Back