• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor White Bullet Hab as indoor houseplant?

So...I have a White Bullet hab that has remained tiny, despite pumping out pods all season. It is a very attractive plant and I am planning on moving it indoors before frost (next month here). Has anyone attempted to grow these indoors (I'm in PA) without the use of lights? I have a ridiculously huge (12x8ft) southern window beside an 8ft glass door in the living room. I was hoping to add the plant to my living room plant stand and let Mother Nature provide her rays throughout the Pennsylvania winter. Will the plant remain healthy being treated as any other houseplant, or do I need to keep it under my lights?

I've brought habanero plants indoors and they do very well with enough light.  Sounds like you would have plenty, unless the window faces north.  The only problem I ran into was aphids.  Once the plants came inside with consistent temperatures and a lack of predatory bugs, the aphid population absolutely exploded in a very short time.  It was disgusting really.  If you bring it in, just be very aware of bad bugs and treat them quickly.

I have one that im gonna bring in for the winter since it grew short.. but the other day the temp dropped to like 50 and I was outta town when i came back it was doing pretty bad the leaves were all droopy hopefully it can make a come back... I sprayed it with neem oil along with my other pepper plants before i bought them in and that one including another plant were in bad condition im assuming because of the cold and not the neem oil

Back