• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

White Bullet Habanero

My white bullet habanero just made it through a tough time and is doing very well just set a bunch of new fruit and flowers. My question is that i have a pod that has been on there for quite some time during the tough times and does anyone know or have any pictures of the stage's of a white bullet and what color they should be when picked. because the pod isnt white it's more like a creamy color. the new fruit is light green, any help would be good just want to make sure i'm not picking it too early. I never have eaten one of these but i hear they are hotter than your average habanero.

blurry pic will try again.
IMG00320.jpg

Mine went from green to yellow to white/creamy color. From what I can see in your pic, I'd say that pod should be ready to be eaten. If you've never had them before, you are in for a nice surprise.

A vid review would be fun, but they aren't any hotter than an Orange Hab. They just have a real nice habby, smoky flavor.

oh, bummer i might still do one anyways just to do my first review, i also have some jamaica hell fire hot sauce I might review for the heck of it.
me likey smokey

That would be awesome to see a White Bullet review. I got seeds for those and maybe your video will inspire me to plant them next year :lol:

I grew them this year and was a little disappointed with the heat. I put them just above a jalapeno for heat. Maybe mine are lame. My orange habs blow them away. The Bullets are good for munching with chips. I just pop em whole and then grab a chip/dip. Pretty good that way. One large plant will give you hundreds and hundreds of peppers. I use half strength General Hydroponics 3 part Flora Series nutrients on them and they love it. All my peppers do. If you use the flowering mix, they bloom like crazy and produce massive peppers.

Pepperfreak said:
Mine went from green to yellow to white/creamy color. From what I can see in your pic, I'd say that pod should be ready to be eaten. If you've never had them before, you are in for a nice surprise.

I think that describes the color stages well. When they are starting to get over-ripe, they can sometimes get a dark line on them going down one side. Final stage is pretty much a pure white though. Very, very tasty little pod and mine have always been much hotter than an orange hab. These things pack a punch for their size and have great flavor. One of my all time favorite peppers. They also freeze very well.

well this is prob one of the worst vid reviews you will see on here but it was done right after a long night at the bar and many games of pool. music is really loudsorry.
http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll12/noshownate/?action=view&current=white_hab.flv
was my first pod soo wanted to save seeds just incase. as soon as i cut pod open very pungeant.
the warden thought it was hotter than orange hab, i didnt think soo was close though. did have a very distinct flavor though smokey like described earlier. maybe if i ate the whole pod would be right theyre at a orange hab will eat a whole one prob have a ton of ripe pods in no time!
oh yeah how do i put the video directly on the thread

Back