White bullet / white haba question

Dave2000 said:
I've had no problems growing them, think you might have just had poor quality seed.  I have two main grips with white habs which are why I no longer grow them.

1)  By the time they're truely ripe meaning white instead of yellowish, branches have so many pods that they drag the ground due to the short bushy shape they take on.  That short  height also means they take up more space, have to be spaced further away from other plants to not be shaded by them.

2)  Too much work!  If I can cut and deseed one regular sized hab or 4 tiny white ones, I'll go with 1/4th the work.

I've made hot sauce with them too and it was a novetly because people don't expect a whitish colored sauce to be hot, but the flavor was nothing special.  You notice citrus undertones more because there's nothing else there to interfere with that except the typical hab taste any of them have.
Interesting, and i'll consider these problems while growing them. Thanks for the warnings.

I've noted that there are at least 3 types of small-fruited white habs... 'Peruvian', 'Yucatan', and 'White Bullet'. Some contradictory observations have been made about their flavors, with Yucatan strains getting the most compliments. Peruvians seem to get the least number of positive remarks, with respect to taste.

I have no personal experiences yet.
Comments, anyone?

Back