• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds White fungus on seedling

Hey.

Well one of my Fatalis sprouted in a coir pellet and i noticed there is a little bit of white fluffy fungus on the seedling.

Is there any way to get rid of it? Will it kill the seedling?

I've taken it out of the mini greenhouse and put it under a fluro light, will the lack of humidity kill off the fungus?

Thanks!

1 Tbsp peroxide per gallon of water...or in metric terms, 3.75 ml per liter

Hey.

Well one of my Fatalis sprouted in a coir pellet and i noticed there is a little bit of white fluffy fungus on the seedling.

Is there any way to get rid of it? Will it kill the seedling?

I've taken it out of the mini greenhouse and put it under a fluro light, will the lack of humidity kill off the fungus?

Thanks!
I've had the same problem this year. I used the hydrogen peroxide but it was only semi-effective (i.e. it worked on some of the Jiffys but one or two I still had to ditch). From what I hear though, if that don't work, nothing will.

Make sure in future not to let the pellets get too wet - keep them nice and moist but not soaking. Always bottom water too so as to avoid excess moisture on the pellet surface. And make sure you are getting some airflow in the area around the pellet. Prevention is better than the cure!

Thanks guys!, Will it go away by itself? If i dont peroxide it will it just die?
If you didn't want to use peroxide, you could also try a spray of chamomile tea and/or sprinkling some ground cinnamon on the surface. Both chamomile and cinnamon are said to be anti-fungal. However, I did try both prior to the peroxide and I had no luck with either. The cinnamon appeared to have worked at first but the fuzz reappeared several days later. The chamomile tea did nothing. You could also try some water mixed with bicarb soda.

If you figure out a way to make it go away by itself, let me know... I would be VERY keen to learn that secret! ;)

It's mold fellas, plain and simple. Give it some air and let it dry out and it will go away. Or you can use a tissue or anything else and wipe it off then get some air moving around it.

It's mold fellas, plain and simple. Give it some air and let it dry out and it will go away. Or you can use a tissue or anything else and wipe it off then get some air moving around it.
Now don't I feel like a jackass! :oops:

It honestly never even crossed my mind that it was just plain old mold! :lol:

Back