• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

White Habanero,,,White Bullet Habanero...

There are several types of white hab and for me the giant white hab is always very stubborn and the white bullet/ammo are usually quite easy to grow.

I find the White Bullet is 10x more productive than the standard White Habanero. Though they look and grow similar. There is another called Peruvian White Habanero. Then there is Giant White Habanero which I have growing, BUT the pods are ripening red...go figure. lol.

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
I find the White Bullet is 10x more productive than the standard White Habanero. Though they look and grow similar. There is another called Peruvian White Habanero. Then there is Giant White Habanero which I have growing, BUT the pods are ripening red...go figure. lol.

Chris

Ripening red..Bad as my Bolivian rainbow and the flowers are white instead of purple..Rainbowberry has had the same problem :shocked:

rainbowberry said:
I've only ever tried White Habs. Have a look here if you haven't all ready.

Thanks for the link! Should've checked there first before posting but wanted to get forum members thoughts/opinions.

What has your experience been with the White Habs, RB?

rainbowberry said:
I've only ever tried White Habs. Have a look here if you haven't all ready.
Do you think we should tell them they have a typo on thier webpage?

The thought of an 80 inch long pepper scares me......WOW. hehe

HABANERO WHITE GIANT

This variety can grow quite large (up to 80in) in well manured soil.

Talas, what was the problem with your Bolivian rainbow???

I am growing it this season. Trying to get the kids involved, and thought i would give them a ornimental chilli each!!!

Not that they will eat the chilli but they should love the colours...

I saw that too Nat...was hoping he was talking about the height of the plant...

If the flowers of your BR are white, you most likely are growing sth else, RB and Talas! ....but I guess you know that already!?

Nat...you weren't a member last year when BillyBoy was posting pics of his Nagas...check this out...

I used one of BBs photographs...shows his naga plants that are over 7' tall...maybe close to 8' if not over...heck, they are growing out the top of his "protected" area...I think he calls it his Naga Hut...

http://img214.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bbcropqm9.jpg

NatGreenMeds said:
A six foot six plant would impress me too....hehe
I've learned that height doesn't mean too much when it comes to peppers. I've had 7-8ft plants that were much less productive than their smaller, bushier siblings. My naga bush last year was 6+ feet high before I untied it from its supports and let the sun into it.

I agree, the plants that produce the most peppers in my garden are not necessarily the tallest ones. My Bird's Eye is loaded with dozens of pods and it is one of my smallest plants.

BB's Naga is impressive anyway!!! :)

I'm growing those little white habaneros this season & the plants are full of pods but the plants are small, this is good to hear "been rated at over 300,000 scoville heat units." :party:

Back