• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense White Habanero

I was gifted a White Hab and was just curious about its flavor properties from those who grow them. Sweet, fruity, bitter, smoky that kind of thing, What does it go well with, fish, veg, chicken, opossum?  Im sure I could find some seed catalogue write up but the people who write them aren't Chiliheads,  Im a Saucer so Im just curious about its potential, any info would be appreciated.

I'm growing a Giant White Habanero (which is apparently not a habanero?) and last season I grew the white bullet habs. So yeah, more info on this specific white hab variety is called for.

Therd are 4 white habs i am aware of: Peruvian White Habs are very compact, bushy, produce early, and have the smallest fruit. One accquaintance who's tasted the said they're quite hot (for a hab), and have a bitter taste.
Yucatan habs are also hotter than most habs,. There is a review of this strain at the Hippy Seed Co. website. They aee less remarkable for their flavor than they are for heat. Fruit size is somewhat larrger.
White Bullet habs are a variety developed in the USA... i think it was a seed nmerchant in California who did this. From the photos i've seen, they have a growth habit and fruit size much like the Peruvian strain. I don't know about the taste.
Giant White -- the fruit size and plant growth are the same as the familiar hab... one thread about this strain suggests the plants are z bit more delicate than most C. chinenses. I think it was developed in Italy, but it's been a while since i read a thread on this...

Hope this helps.

Back