bottles-jars White Shrink Capsules?

Anyone know of a source for white shrink capsules or bands that actually look decent?
I got these off Amazon to try out, and they shrink uneven and look like garbage on a 5oz. woozy bottle.

My labels are white, and I’m trying to find a match for a cleaner look.

3B28225F-F03A-400A-91F6-B121028E85D0.jpeg

Try boiling water.

Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Position white band on bottle and hold it by the bottom edge. Slowly lower the bottle into the boiling water, until band is fully submerged. Remove. Takes 5-10 seconds, max. Voila - nice and smooth with no wrinkles.

I get mine from Uline, but they're clear. They may have colored ones, never looked.

They're still never quite perfect, I think you would need a machine to do that every time.

Are you using a heat gun or a blow dryer? I find the heat gun gives better results.

I get mine from Uline, but they're clear. They may have colored ones, never looked.

They're still never quite perfect, I think you would need a machine to do that every time.

Are you using a heat gun or a blow dryer? I find the heat gun gives better results.
I am using a heat gun. The black ones I use work great with it. These white ones just don’t act the same. I may go with clear ones with a white cap if I can’t find good white ones.

Here are a couple bottles i happen to have ...
More comments in a minute.

Nice looking sauce and label! White would look better, but if not available...

I do not recommend using boiling water. Water can get inside the cap threads, maybe compromise the HFH seal. Water will be under the shrink band and can further harbor Nasties. This topic has been discussed previously, make your own choice. If using a heat gun, using the fan attachment helps.

The capsules look like pre-formed, like what is used on wine bottles. Shrink bands are usually flat cut.

Check out bottle selling sites, they often have accessories like shrink bands and orofice reducers. There are shrink wrap companies that can do any color and any size....for an order of 20-50,000.

I checked out a couple bottle sites that used to have a wide variety of band sizes and colors. Unfortunately, their supply is severely reduced. Supply chain issues, i have been dealing with this with other packaging things. I could only get white tins instead of black, and white droppers instead of black. Oh well...if they want the product, and post-2020...color shouldnt matter.

Couple other things to keep in mind, get bands that come down far on the neck to cover the fill line. No matter how hard you try, every bottle has a different fill line. You want that covered so people dont bypass the lower fill line and only buy the fullest bottles.

There are professional heat tunnels available. Professional packers (co-packers) will have labeling and heat tunnels integrated into their processing lines.

I dont know if you are processing the sauce yourself, if this is a legal sauce or a hobby sauce...but as a small batch 'artisan' sauce, hand made, etc, people do not expect perfection in the packaging, only in the product.

I make my same exact hot sauce recipe and hand apply the labels and Bestbuy dates, and shrink bands. Some are a bit wonky, some shrink bands are a little more wrinkly. Think about the farmers market soap maker with twine wrapped around each bar. Every twine bow is different. Embrace it!

Good luck in your search!
Have Fun!
Salsalady

Attachments

• 20221230_150126.jpg
    20221230_150126.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
nicebottles usually has white but they seem to be out.
Are you sing the nicebottles matte black?

Here are a couple bottles i happen to have ...
More comments in a minute.

Nice looking sauce and label! White would look better, but if not available...

I do not recommend using boiling water. Water can get inside the cap threads, maybe compromise the HFH seal. Water will be under the shrink band and can further harbor Nasties. This topic has been discussed previously, make your own choice. If using a heat gun, using the fan attachment helps.

The capsules look like pre-formed, like what is used on wine bottles. Shrink bands are usually flat cut.

Check out bottle selling sites, they often have accessories like shrink bands and orofice reducers. There are shrink wrap companies that can do any color and any size....for an order of 20-50,000.

I checked out a couple bottle sites that used to have a wide variety of band sizes and colors. Unfortunately, their supply is severely reduced. Supply chain issues, i have been dealing with this with other packaging things. I could only get white tins instead of black, and white droppers instead of black. Oh well...if they want the product, and post-2020...color shouldnt matter.

Couple other things to keep in mind, get bands that come down far on the neck to cover the fill line. No matter how hard you try, every bottle has a different fill line. You want that covered so people dont bypass the lower fill line and only buy the fullest bottles.

There are professional heat tunnels available. Professional packers (co-packers) will have labeling and heat tunnels integrated into their processing lines.

I dont know if you are processing the sauce yourself, if this is a legal sauce or a hobby sauce...but as a small batch 'artisan' sauce, hand made, etc, people do not expect perfection in the packaging, only in the product.

I make my same exact hot sauce recipe and hand apply the labels and Bestbuy dates, and shrink bands. Some are a bit wonky, some shrink bands are a little more wrinkly. Think about the farmers market soap maker with twine wrapped around each bar. Every twine bow is different. Embrace it!

Good luck in your search!
Have Fun!
Salsalady
I am processing myself, and it is a legal sauce. Not huge scale though. I’ll make and bottle 70-100 at a time. Not going to go with a co-packer. I can efficiently make enough myself to be happy with. I love being a small business with as less components, interactions (and people) as possible.

I like the capsules better than the bands, but if I can find either in white I’ll be happy.

Yeah I don’t like the idea of the boiling water method either. Also seems more time consuming. Heat gun is so fast.

I’m pretty sure I can get away with the look of the black ones I have now. Matching tops would just be icing on the cake and my personal preference. My business has a great reputation in town now, and I think your right people will buy the product just from the artesian quality and our reputation. I’m just such a perfectionist!

Thanks for the insight. I may reach out to some larger shrink wrap companies and see about a bulk custom order eventually.

To be honest if I was going for a "clean" look I would not buy white bands with black caps. Since your caps are black, stick to black OR get a white (or any color) capsule.

Another idea might be to put a black border around the label, use black cap and black shrink band ... not capsule.

A bit of black on the label would tie into the black closures.

Keep the all white in the back pocket for future....

SL

That price is crazy, better with these
I got some of those too for a test run. They had several characteristics I didn’t like. First, the tear away pull tab is real high up, and only tears away halfway down the cap, which just doesn’t work if you try and pour sauce out because there’s a ring of plastic sticking up past the bottle. Second, the color was more of a vintage white and didn’t match the bright white of my labels. Third, there are grape leaves on the top tin part, which seems weird on a hot sauce.

These are great for wine bottles. I’m going to give these nicebottles ones a try and hopefully they hit the spot.

Back