• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense White Trinidad scorpion

Maybe I'm not searching and googling the right stuff.... Has anyone tried creating a white Trinidad scorpion? Thinking of crossing my Peruvian white Habs with my butch t's eventually....

Is there a preferred method for choosing which one should be male and which one female? Anything that increases the chances of getting a desired color and desired pod shape?

first off, how much room for plants do you have? it is quite a process from first cross till stable pod. and you should really grow out LOTS of plants during the process.

It won't be this season, I'll be moving pretty soon, not sure on the amount of space I'll have, but it'll be more than I do right now.... I have 6 pots on my balcony right now, realistically I could have 20 or so, but I don have room for 20 inside when I have to relocate them during storms....

And I'll be closer to family that have gardens, I'm sure they'd let me take up some space for a few plants here and there....

im preatty sure it wont work with a red pepper because red is a dominant gene and you next gen will be red also

you may wanna try going with a peach trinidad scorpion of which i have a very few seeds for

also because of size the white bullet hab (peruvian white) may be too small and consiquently your fruit would could end up being small

you may wanna try a white giant hab it may just work
but hay you never know give it a try with what you got and see what comes of it

hope this helps

thanks your friend joe

im preatty sure it wont work with a red pepper because red is a dominant gene and you next gen will be red also

you may wanna try going with a peach trinidad scorpion of which i have a very few seeds for

also because of size the white bullet hab (peruvian white) may be too small and consiquently your fruit would could end up being small

you may wanna try a white giant hab it may just work
but hay you never know give it a try with what you got and see what comes of it

hope this helps

thanks your friend joe

Exactly, think it would be more wise to try using a Trinidad Scorpion Yellow and the White Giant Hab. that way you don't have the red dominant gene I guess.

Thanks.... I still have months to plan it out and everything unless I get lucky and my butch t starts flowering pretty soon.... But then it'll still be months before I'm able to grow the seeds....

With red being dominate, there isn't even a chance of getting white with the second round?

Well, it had to happen some time. 
BGC0qIi.jpg

Fresh out of my garden.

I have a white 7 pot that is outside now.
Buds but no pods yet

probably a cross,not going to be white,seed wise...
Seeds probably won't grow true.

Cool looking pods.
Clone the plants.

Back