• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who do you trust for Pepper Info...

cmpman1974 said:
I am sure cmpman1973 is a fine fellow Nigel, but I just don't know him/her!! :)    I have grown a few things over the years!!!  Thanks for the recommendation. 

Chris

:drunk:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I agree with both of these recent recommendations and if we are talking about any kind of reference, not only a person, I'd like to add the Chile man dot org.
https://thechileman.org/

I frequently refer to this site.

I hope it's not the "Baker's Peppers" of reference sites.

Havent been active on the forums for a while, but back when I started really getting into peppers during my second grow season in 2014, this was the place I turned to in order to get my information. This, old youtube pod reviews (Nigels channel being one), and Khang Starrs youtube channel for grow advice.

That said, for learning about new varieties I just check out whatever looks good on the various trusted seed vendors I use, and for growing, I rely on my own knowledge after 8 seasons.

TLDR: reading this forums posts, youtube pod reviews circa early-mid 2010s, Khang Starr, trusted seed vendors, and many years of experience growing (best teacher)

I still come back to this page to find old threads. When I got back I to peppers this season I was sad to see the forums are pretty much extinct. Facebook is full of Useless information

Threehundredc said:
1.) I still come back to this page to find old threads.

2.) When I got back I to peppers this season I was sad to see the forums are pretty much extinct.

3.) Facebook is full of Useless information

1... Totally agree - This forum a great resource.
2....Yea - a bit slow! But there's a few of us still here - You should stop by more often.
3. No FacePlant for me!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

1... Totally agree - This forum a great resource.
2....Yea - a bit slow! But there's a few of us still here - You should stop by more often.
3. No FacePlant for me!

1. Yeah - there is a literal trove of information on here going back a decade (or more, not sure).  I think this place can't be beat for info if we're talking venues outside of YouTube.  
2. I've lurked on some of the pepper sub-reddits or discord channels over the past year, but I don't find the same sense of community that exists here.  I have no interest in posting to those unless I think I can help someone with a question.  I think this place has quality over quantity.

The only thing I can say about here is I've always wished there was more of an active seed exchange going on between trusted members.  I have such a huge surplus of seeds from over the years, I don't know what to do with it all.

Reactions: Bou
Back