• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Who has the guts to eat this entire pod?

So I was at the local grocery store picking up some salsa fixings when I spotted these Poblano's. I never buy them, so I don't really have a reference point, but I was shocked how big they were. Do other areas get them this big? Are these even big? The big one is 8 1/4 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches. If we get them this big here, I wonder how big they are in premium markets like NY or LA. Ok Ed or Lazy are you ready to spend 15 minutes chewing up this whole pod? Hahahaha

Poblano.jpg

Poblano2.jpg

I have never seen them any where near that large at my local stores. If anything they are about a quarter of that size.

Nice poblano despite it's size I don't think it would be hard to eat. Poblanos are pretty weak heat wise.

Nice poblano despite it's size I don't think it would be hard to eat. Poblanos are pretty weak heat wise.

Hahaha Yea. The challenge I was referring to was in reference to the amount of time it would take to chomp up the entire pod. I think I would fall asleep before I could finish chewing it all up in one sitting.

I've seen that size at a farmers' market, but never at the grocery store. Agree with SS - let us know if you go for it!

Holy crap those are the smallest hands I have ever seen! HAHA JK. Yeah I would make some chile relleno or stuff those babies for sure. I stuff mine with rice, chicken, spices and lots of cheese YUM! I really cant believe how big those are.

I see there are several varieties of anchos that average 5-7" long - could be one of those, on steroids....

They are Poblanos when fresh, anchos when dry :)
That's an impressive pod but it would only take some relleno stuffing and I'd finish it no problem. Its probably a larger hybrid type

I came to love Pablano from my Detroit days.

I get them here in Austin TX and they are good and surprisingly very hot too!!

But this one is a monsta Pablano. Would love to lay my hands on this number. :dance:

You know how you're suppose to get so many servings of vegetables a day? Just eat one pablano and call it good.

Back