• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Who here eats whole superhots?

The funny thing is...no ass burn! I think my exit hole has a better tolerance than my entrance.

now that there my friends is some funny sheeit.
You must be the exception because thats how I know my limits!

Amps I gotta use that line again somewhere some day

I also probably wouldn't eat a raw bulb of garlic.

I actually quite regularly eat raw garlic. It's a habit that I've got into since I found that ticks won't bite me if I regularly eat it a few days before a mountain trip. I've been doing this for a few years now with 100% success rate even though I've found ticks on me. It's better to swallow a clove whole rather than chew though.

There was one incident in 2010 when my partner and I were holidaying in the far north of the highlands of Scotland. We stopped at a lay-by along the road because it was August and the was Gorse bush everywhere with lovely yellow flowers. We walked into it, me with the intention of getting some photos and my partner with the intention of looking at the rocks more closely. That's when we realised that we were covered in ticks.

So we scurried out and spent literally the next hour picking well over a hundred or so ticks off us, none of which was larger than a millimetre or so. And you had to get them in the right light before you could see the sun reflecting off their backs sometimes. I remember someone was watching us and his puzzlement turned into horror when he realised what we were doing. They soon drove off in a hurry.

After we had picked all the bloodsucking ticks off, we couldn't really be confident that there weren't more on us that we had missed. You just can't take a chance with Lyme disease. I knew that I had some garlic bulbs in the glove compartment in the car so I figured, I could probably eat most of a bulb raw and minimise the chance of a tick biting into me. My only concern was that it might take a day or two for the garlic to have an effect. I was wrong.

I got some water and started chucking back the cloves and swallowing them whole with water. At one point, the action made me burp and my partner describes it as a garlic version of a pepper spray hitting his nasal passages. Being in the confined space of a small car probably didn't help.

We decided that it was probably a good idea to book a Bed & Breakfast for the night rather than camp so we could inspect ourselves for ticks in privacy. So after driving to the north coast we found a B&B with a vacant room, went in, stripped off naked and checked each other for ticks. We couldn't find a single one. Yay! The surprise came the next morning though when I had my daily poo. The smell of fresh raw garlic mixed with underlying peaty undertones stank out the whole cottage and forced my partner outside, swearing loudly and looking rather disturbed.

Don't worry Westin your not on my list,
its a small one now days as I have scratched off all but one name and I'll take my time and pleasure slowly but surly burn him to ashes with my peppers, that is if they don't get me first!
Really though I think I would rather eat almost any pepper than stick a whole super hot in my mouth especially if they are a first for me some scare me just to look at them, I really have to force myself, all the while telling myself that its not going to hurt, yah right then I have to do the dance and make my way back to the house to get some milk.

That's quite a graphic story. I like how you skipped over the bit about what you and the partner were doing in in the field that got ticks `all over` your bodies ;)

I've eaten whole garlic cloves. Love that swamp gas smell when you burp :D

I've taken a whole dried ghost pepper a couple of times, mainly with fellow hot-heads at school. I've also had a part of a dried Trinidad Moruga Scorpion, but it was a small piece of the side so it didn't really rival the ghost pepper. And I'm similar to amps, it hurts more going in than coming out.

I've ate half of a TSMB and also a Butch t scorp in one sitting and have ate them in full through out a day with food. I've also ate whole bhuts with food. I don't do it often and only when I don't have work the next day.

I use to, until I tried eating a whole Butch T out of the box butch sent me back in the fall. I had tried them before, but never directly from butch. That sucker gave me cramps that lasted over 12 hours! I have two jobs and a kid to raise... AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT!

Now I just cook with them, although pods pretty much go in EVERYTHING I eat.

I've tried and failed. Managed half a Bhut, a small piece of Brainstrain or TSMB, about a quarter Scorpion, Half a Naga too. The cramps and day-after effects are worse than the initial burn.

Gotta plan ahead when digging into a whole pod. Even after you get used to it, bad planning can still mean a painful few hours.

A decent sized meal topped off with some yogurt or ice cream right before you dive into one can sure lessen the cap cramps. I rarely get them unless I do something stupid. Like wait too long before I dig into the pepper.

When I say right before, I mean put the spoon down from the dairy product and dive right in.

The only reason for me growing them is to eat the fresh of the plant or dry them for powder. I had Scorpions and 7 Pots so far, but nothing kicked my ass... still waiting for the " one "

nothing kicked my ass...

Try to wash your mouth with this:

Texas-Creek-Products-Capsaicin-Drops.jpg

;)

Datil

I don't even mind trying little slivers of superhots. But having to take a day off of work because you purposefully ate something is kind of hard to explain to the boss. ;)

I never use sick days, usually. My job is 12 hour overnights in a datacenter, and to be honest I am just as comfy here as I am in my livingroom. Plus, there's a better supply of TP here :D

At my last job however, my boss also was into the spicy, and I offered him some of my scorpion naga mango sauce and a couple superhots at work last growing season. The next day I texted him that I would be taking a sick day. His reply: "Blow out your o-ring? Me too. I'm out today also."

I don't do it often but I do it. Yes it burns and sometimes acid reflux makes me wish I was dead but it's fun now and then. Last year I tried some 3mil shu extract at the Fiery Foods Show, this weekend I'll do it again. The pain is temporary and almost always takes me away to a happy place. :P

Yep, and every time I've regretted it. I clearly remember the first one. I got some superhots in a package from AJ a few years back and stupidly chomped down on a scorpion.

0 minutes: Tastes good, heat is kicking in...boy, this thing sure is hot...#$*@ my lips are burning

2 minutes: HOLY CRAP. My lips are about to fall off, my nose is running & I'm standing over the sink with my mouth open just dripping snot/spit/capsaicin already regrtting my decision...and my stomach is starting to hurt.

5 minutes: Ok, i think I'm dying. Pretty sure I mistakenly ate a lit piece of charcoal instead of a pepper & it's about to burst out of my stomach aliens style. Frantic pacing around the living room. Mouth and lips still on fire.

10 minutes: I'm curled up in the fetal position and my stomach feels like the site of the trinity nuclear test but at least my mouth & lips finally stopped hurting....uh oh....I'm gonna puke

11 minutes: *BLAAARRGHHHHHH*. After puking my stomach immediately feels better but my mouth & lips are on fire again...wait actually my whole face is now burning. I'm pretty sure I'm going to live at this point. Colors seem way too bright. Pretty sure I'm high on endorphins.

30 minutes: Back to normal & immediately forgetting how much this sucked because I made the same mistake several more times since then :doh:

Edit: formatting

Back