food Whoop Ass Chili Mix

Pepperfreak said:
Thanks CH. I love deer meat in my chili. In fact I just plain old love deer meat. It is good no matter how you cook it.

I make A LOT of chili with deer and moose. I used the burger and cut up sirloin roasts into cubes. Add a little sausage and all the fixins and you have a great chili. Probably my favorite way to eat venison outside of the backstraps. Well I love roasts too. Aww hell I love deer. Twelve days to go until opening day!

JayT said:
I make A LOT of chili with deer and moose. I used the burger and cut up sirloin roasts into cubes. Add a little sausage and all the fixins and you have a great chili. Probably my favorite way to eat venison outside of the backstraps. Well I love roasts too. Aww hell I love deer. Twelve days to go until opening day!

Where are you getting moose?

texas blues said:

Rocky_Bullwinkle_Boris_Natasha.jpg

texas blues said:

My dad was fortunate enough to win a lottery to get a tag for Newfoundland last year. He killed big one 1000+ lbs and after all the sharing still brought home 400lbs. This is the second one he's killed. I love moose meat. I personally can't afford the hunting trips he goes on, but I love to help him get rid of the meat!

Good on your dad Jay! Trust me...it's all fun and adventure right up to the trigger pull. Gutting and quartering a moose is work! Hope your dad had a guide to do it. As for the meat....moose tenderloin and backstrap is the food of kings!

texas blues said:
Good on your dad Jay! Trust me...it's all fun and adventure right up to the trigger pull. Gutting and quartering a moose is work! Hope your dad had a guide to do it. As for the meat....moose tenderloin and backstrap is the food of kings!

A truer statement hasn't been posted. I've helped with a moose kill before. Laughed my tail off watching my old man try and drag the head out of the way. Big animals.

Back