• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Why does this happen ?

Perfectly healthy night befor acted like it needed water tried to stand up but went back down again I know Winston is a goner but why ?

Attachments

• 20210510_175003.jpg
    20210510_175003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 105
I think he's the one that had fungas while germination but I thought I cleaned him up . I pulled it out and planted it deeper just to see If that will work . Not sure why I'm so worried about one plant lol

Attachments

• 20210510_180320.jpg
    20210510_180320.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 95
The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

Planting deeper may work as roots can form on immature plants 

My concern with just planting it deeper would be that since the fungus that caused the problem would still presumably be present in the potting soil, on the existing roots, and on the damaged part of the stem, that the fungal infection could just continue to spread. I have had some success in the past with cutting the seedling off above the damaged part of the stem, and then re-rooting it in water. I tossed the contaminated roots and damaged portion of the stem together with the contaminated soil that was in the pot to try and excise the infection. And I wash the pot out with a bleach solution as well. In some cases, I have been able to give a dying seedling a fresh start that way, although it does of course set the plant back by the amount of time it takes to regrow its root system.

Back