• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hydroponic Why Hydroponics ?

I have a dutch bucket system running now with tomatoes, when they're done I'm gonna put peppers in to try but I don't see a problem with them growing great. I copied the system MHPGardener has on Youtube, it's easy and so much less work than soil. I'm glad I have it going now with all the rain we've been getting, I can't even touch the garden yet, it's a mud pit.  I don't change nutrients but add as needed. A cheap meter will tell you if you need to add ferts. I have lettuce growing in Kratky too so I'll try them in there also.
I made a post in another forum of the whole process and where to buy items, for an 8 plant set-up it costs about $200 but adding more buckets is cheap once you have a system set up and running. I'll post it here if anyone is interested.

This is my 2nd year growing in the system, it's easy and nothing close to rocket science. Set it up, check it once a day and they grow crazy.

Hydro grows about 30% faster, produces better fruit, is less prone to diseases, uses the right amount of nutrient and water, uses less water and etc. It  is way more controllable than growing in dirt.

Rajun Gardener said:
I have a dutch bucket system running now with tomatoes, when they're done I'm gonna put peppers in to try but I don't see a problem with them growing great. I copied the system MHPGardener has on Youtube, it's easy and so much less work than soil. I'm glad I have it going now with all the rain we've been getting, I can't even touch the garden yet, it's a mud pit.  I don't change nutrients but add as needed. A cheap meter will tell you if you need to add ferts. I have lettuce growing in Kratky too so I'll try them in there also.
I made a post in another forum of the whole process and where to buy items, for an 8 plant set-up it costs about $200 but adding more buckets is cheap once you have a system set up and running. I'll post it here if anyone is interested.

This is my 2nd year growing in the system, it's easy and nothing close to rocket science. Set it up, check it once a day and they grow crazy.
Do you have a link to this or pics of your set up? Im building same at the moment

Sent from my SM-T815Y using Tapatalk

I'm currently designing a aquaponic system for outdoor/greenhouse growing. I will be using goldfish instead of eating fish as they are more forgiving towards water temps. Something to consider.

Back