• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

why is this happening!!!!!

FadeToBlack said:
Good luck on your new plants from seeds.
Your experiance with this plant seems tragic, you have my sympathy.
there a sprout out already with its cotiliden leaves. just spotted it yesterday. i just planted them more than a week ago on the same pot! about 8 seeds....

IGROW said:
RichardK told me to add Epsom salt to my plant and it is really helping with the yellow leaf problem

i did sprinkle some epsom salt in the pot. sometime ago. it had a ph level problem. so it did not absorb the ferts also.

and i think i adjusted the ph level too quickly!! :(

srin2 said:
there a sprout out already with its cotiliden leaves. just spotted it yesterday. i just planted them more than a week ago on the same pot! about 8 seeds....

i did sprinkle some epsom salt in the pot. sometime ago. it had a ph level problem. so it did not absorb the ferts also.

and i think i adjusted the ph level too quickly!! :(

I found that most of the hot pepper seeds I planted would spring between 7-14 days.
Seems to be a very slow process in the beggining as far as growth rate though.

ahhhh!!!! when i got home yesterday! :shocked: my wife accidentally pulled out the died plant and she did not see there were small seedling of the plant beside it. she planted dewberry plant there. there another 7 more seeds there in that pot.

luckily i found the seedling intact with roots beside the pot and replanted it in another pot ! :)

Hiya, can anyone explain how one would recognise the symptoms of a trace element issue?
Is Falling leaves a symptom exclusive to calcium deficiency?

Also, what do most people use to test soil pH?

Wunder said:
Hiya, can anyone explain how one would recognise the symptoms of a trace element issue?
Is Falling leaves a symptom exclusive to calcium deficiency?

Also, what do most people use to test soil pH?

P.M . me your email address and i will email you a deficiency chart.

usually we use a ph meter but after getting feedback from many people, these cheap ph meter might not be accurate.

there are also another way to check is by using ph tester by means of ph test strip which are available at garden centers as well.

as for falling leaves can be for many different reasons as well. check the chart and also make a new thread and publish your photo of your plant there. there are lots of people here that can advise you.

BTW. WElcome to The hotpepper.com forum

Back