Why Thai joints are for chiliheads...

My love affair with chillies started with Thai food.
I love making a hot thai curry, love chilli shrimp paste, love sriracha.

edit: Copy and paste what I wrote in another forum about Thai food in perth western australia:
Anyway, like I said, Thai is my favourite, and if you're in Perth try the Krayaharn Thai Restaurant, Shop 15, Sheppard Road Marmion WA 6020. It's an interesting set up they have there. You pick a dish for about $15 and also order rice for $2 p/p, and when the dish is coming out a server comes round and spoons rice onto you plate and another server puts the dish/s you ordered on the table and you help yourself.
Normally one dish can feed 2 people because there's heaps of rice, but 2 dishes can definitely serve 3, as I mentioned the rice is served out seperately.

Not really hot, but I suppose you could ask for it as it's a small independent restaurant, but the jungle curry and green curry there is nice.

My love affair with chillies started with Thai food.
I love making a hot thai curry, love chilli shrimp paste, love sriracha.

edit: Copy and paste what I wrote in another forum about Thai food in perth western australia:
Anyway, like I said, Thai is my favourite, and if you're in Perth try the Krayaharn Thai Restaurant, Shop 15, Sheppard Road Marmion WA 6020. It's an interesting set up they have there. You pick a dish for about $15 and also order rice for $2 p/p, and when the dish is coming out a server comes round and spoons rice onto you plate and another server puts the dish/s you ordered on the table and you help yourself.
Normally one dish can feed 2 people because there's heaps of rice, but 2 dishes can definitely serve 3, as I mentioned the rice is served out seperately.

Not really hot, but I suppose you could ask for it as it's a small independent restaurant, but the jungle curry and green curry there is nice.
This is how Thai people eat. Every one gets their own plate of rice and all the dishes are placed in the middle to be shared out. It's a great way to get to sample loads of things you might never order.

This is how Thai people eat. Every one gets their own plate of rice and all the dishes are placed in the middle to be shared out. It's a great way to get to sample loads of things you might never order.
Yeah, that's why it's a great restaurant and I recommend it to anyone in Perth Western Australia. Nice small independent restaurant and pretty cheap, rather than paying $20 per person like most pubs, bistros, cafe's and cheap restaurants here.

Ya know, I've got a chilehead friend currently living in Thailand. the locals are scared of him... lol

Not Thai but I had Chinese on the weekend. My misses ordered Dry Fried Chilli Beef. Usually quite a mild delicious little dish.

It was scorching, for the others. Great taste, medium heat, and a whole dinner plate of it! The others couldn't handle it. Never gotten endorphins from Annums before, but had a light high, probably from consistently devouring the dish, and the peppers in it weren't mild, but I could handle it easy.

Good times! :)

RE: "South East Asian Food" by Rosemary Brisenden.

Saw your description and the recipe from this book and just had to have it!
Braced myself for a hard slog through the old book shops, like when I wanted the 1961 First English edition of La Gastronomique.
Took me two years to find one!
Amazing, Amazon have it and even have a Kindle version for only £5.75.

Thanks for sharing this.

No worries mate! Happy to help out!

The newer revised editions which are said to not be as good are available if you are lucky.
The one I have however is the first edition.

Anybody who tried that recipe, would be really keen to hear their thoughts. Saw some of those baby eggplants today, I was so tempted :)

:)

No worries mate! Happy to help out!

The newer revised editions which are said to not be as good are available if you are lucky.
The one I have however is the first edition.

Anybody who tried that recipe, would be really keen to hear their thoughts. Saw some of those baby eggplants today, I was so tempted :)

:)

Not to dissagree with you at all, but, what is not as good about the new edtion? Binding, paper, was it reformated, is it harder to read?

Back