• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Why will it not grow?

lek said:

avoid low price L-amino acid.  high quality amino acid FOR PLANT is definitely expensive.  the one you bought is for hydroponic.
States it is for hydro or soil. What would you reccomend? 

Quoted from the manufacturers website:
RAW Amino Acids are Uncut, Tech Grade Amino Acids derived from L-Glycine and L-Glutamic Acid. No Fillers, No Dyes. RAW Amino Acids are a soluble plant supplement that is compatible with all nutrient programs, from hobby to professional, soil to hydroponics.

jvwilson101 said:
Quoted from the manufacturers website:
RAW Amino Acids are Uncut, Tech Grade Amino Acids derived from L-Glycine and L-Glutamic Acid. No Fillers, No Dyes. RAW Amino Acids are a soluble plant supplement that is compatible with all nutrient programs, from hobby to professional, soil to hydroponics.

please note that hydroponic nutrients can be used with soil too. 
take a look at this
http://npk-industries.com/omina.html

The nute you refrence seems to be only a nitrogen source. I'm a noob to all the fancy hydro weed grower stuff and don't plan to go that route as growing chilis is a hobby for me. Please though, fill me on what I might be mising in regards to the product you reference.

jvwilson101 said:
The nute you refrence seems to be only a nitrogen source. I'm a noob to all the fancy hydro weed grower stuff and don't plan to go that route as growing chilis is a hobby for me. Please though, fill me on what I might be mising in regards to the product you reference.
the key is to increase calcium uptake.  

Glycine and glutamic acid also help plants produce SOD, super oxide dismutase, an antioxidant in plants that eliminates free radicals and may be involved with as many as 1000 chemical reactions per second. Harley Smith, the hydro consultant for that npk industries, has an article describing its benefits including increased heat tolerance.

Sure, but does he tell you that you can get it for free, when you use heavy mulch and homemade compost?  LOL

That plant in the first pic looks like it has bacterial leaf spot. It has ruined my grow season. I've pulled up numerous plants with those brown spots on the leaves, they won't grow and you can't fix it.
We had way too much rain and I couldn't keep my plants from flooding. Those brown spots have spread to every one of my plants. I suggest you keep that plant away from all your healthy plants, in fact, I would pull it up and get rid of that dirt - far, far away.
I'm no expert by any measure, but I've spent a lot of time this past few months trying to figure out what keeps killing my plants, and this is the closest thing I've been able to find online.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&tbm=isch&q=bacterial+leaf+spot&chips=q:bacterial+leaf+spot,g_1:pepper&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXhPjA_KjcAhUH-6wKHYJPDTsQ4lYIJygA&biw=1230&bih=681&dpr=2

You have to be careful diagnosing Bacterial Spot.  Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.  In my experience, it really isn't as common as it's diagnosed.  A couple of times, I thought my plants had it, but they bounced right back.   The one time I did have it, the spot was in ALL parts of the plant - not just the leaves.  If your stems turn brown and mushy, that's a problem.

Hmm if thats the case it says you can treat it with copper&sulfur foliar spray.

Well the article I read probably had some ads, but it wasn't straight product placement. Here it is:
https://www.maximumyield.com/here-comes-the-heat-improving-your-plant-s-natural-tolerance-to-environmental-stress/2/1230
It also highlights humics and seaweed.
ominA says it's made from vegetables.
I've tried Down to Earth AGmino before. It's derived mostly from soybean hydrolysate.
Not trying to thread jack. I'm done.

My plants seemed to develop what looked to me like bls from the constant, heavy rains that we were having about a month back. I pulled the bad looking leaves off out of paranoia and the spots usually don't resurface until the next downpour.

My own personal theory is that if insects pierce the leaves, and the leaves stay moist, it causes a small, localized "infection" in the leaf.  I also do not treat it with any concern.  If it's BLS, you are not going to be able to stop it from spreading, because it's already in the entire plant.  And, if the leaf isn't viable any long, it will abort itself.

My little garden is just about done. A mature plant can fight it off for a while, but young plants don't stand a chance. I'm just about ready to give up and try again next year. I built a little A frame and threw a clear tarp over to try and keep the deluges off, but it's too late now. I don't think SE Texas is ideal pepper growing country.

Back