• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Why (... winter olympics)

Why on earth is all the free to air TV only playing figure skating??? its driving me nuts!! I want to see crashes and smashes.. not fancy pants dancing on ice... MrMel doesnt mind so much.. he keeps pausing for the 'perfect Butt or camel shot'... but boooooooooooooooo i want to see crashes!

can't answer that mel...we get it all here, but then again we ARE paying cable fees...

I'm loving the olympics, except for the fact my friends and family are watching curling all the time. Hurrrrrrry, change the channel:)

we can get it on cable, but i refuse on principal to pay $65 for coverage when we have the top package!! They get $120 from us a month!! Refuse to pay more!! 'specially when we pay extra for PPV MMA fights!

we have ATT Uverse and it is the cats meow...however, it is costly and we got it because Mrs AJ is a TV junkie...

we are both TV junkies which makes it worse.. the worst thing is.. to get ESPN for the poker we've gotta have the top package!! MRMel has pipe dreams of one day attending WSOP!

LOL.. of course!! ads n eddie mcguire on now.. boooooooooooo... bring on the smashing!!! why dont chick ski cross-ers crash as much as the dudes????

watching the womens finals ski-cross. one chick just whacked the other with her ski pole.. this is heating up!! three votes for the win from meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Novacastrian said:
Because they are much slower... *ducks*
no need to duck.. its logic.. chicks have their weight on the top half whilst dudes have it on the bottom half.. thats why they go faster downhill.. might not make much sense to anyone else.. but it makes sense to me :P

mel said:
no need to duck.. its logic.. chicks have their weight on the top half whilst dudes have it on the bottom half.. thats why they go faster downhill.. might not make much sense to anyone else.. but it makes sense to me :P

So...it's more a case of weight distribution....

...I would have voted for aerodynamics, myself....;)

aerodynamics might have something to do with it :P

olympics switched off... back to the figure skating.. now watching 'gangs of oz'.. some documentary of australian criminals.. "p!ss off or I'll fckn shoot ya"... hmmm yep... sounds aussie enough for me!

Back