Wierd naga

I went to my local to seek out a ripe Bhut Jolokia, normally they only ever have Jolokia's and they are always imported. Well today i found that they had the nagas in bags, bags of 5 for a £1 and these chili's had been sourced much closer to home i.e somewhere in the UK or Europe and not the Indian sub Continent.

Mixed in this selection (1 missing as it was eaten)

100_1750.jpg

is a wierd shaped Naga..

100_1748.jpg

100_1749.jpg

I am not familiar with this shaped naga and to be honest im not sure what kind it is.

The weirdest part is they seem to be turning yellow, or maybe going green > yellow > red. :surprised: I would try to ripen the ripest ones at room temperature in a paper bag and see what happens...

The weirdest part is they seem to be turning yellow, or maybe going green > yellow > red. :surprised: I would try to ripen the ripest ones at room temperature in a paper bag and see what happens...

Thats how the colour range they go through when ripening. Green > yellow > orange > then a very dark almost red orange.

Traditionaly the Naga is used in its green form for cooking and this is why they are normally sold green in the shops.

Back