• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Wierd Store finds

Found these at a Lowes store in the Orange Hab bin.
Orange Scorpaneros?
7875967140_5bffd35d61_z.jpg

That is pretty cool. As popular as the Trinidad Scorpion and all it's clones are it was only a matter of time before they started showing up in markets. I wonder how soon before we start seeing pimply ones.

I just noticed you're in New Mexico, you have to wonder if the supplier lives down wind of NMSU. Wish I did.

Look pretty cool, how do they taste?
They taste just like an orange hab, but pretty darn hot. I can take down an orange hab with a meal no problem, but these kept me burning a while.

That is pretty cool. As popular as the Trinidad Scorpion and all it's clones are it was only a matter of time before they started showing up in markets. I wonder how soon before we start seeing pimply ones.

I just noticed you're in New Mexico, you have to wonder if the supplier lives down wind of NMSU. Wish I did.

Yeah, you can find some oddities in thr orange hab bin if you dig araound a little. One time I found an Orange Hab that was about 5 inches long and really no heat to it.

I thought the same thing too. It could be a possibility that these were grown in southern New Mexico. I thought they may have been imported from Mexico, but then again Mexico is like an hour from Las Cruces. These could be some sort of Frankenpepper cross that was the result of stray pollen.
Anyway here is a pic of the insides of these peppers, they do got some placenta to them. Sorry of the shaky pic and bad light.
7934297584_b533e9511c_z.jpg

They taste just like an orange hab, but pretty darn hot. I can take down an orange hab with a meal no problem, but these kept me burning a while.

Yeah, you can find some oddities in thr orange hab bin if you dig araound a little. One time I found an Orange Hab that was about 5 inches long and really no heat to it.

I thought the same thing too. It could be a possibility that these were grown in southern New Mexico. I thought they may have been imported from Mexico, but then again Mexico is like an hour from Las Cruces. These could be some sort of Frankenpepper cross that was the result of stray pollen.
Anyway here is a pic of the insides of these peppers, they do got some placenta to them. Sorry of the shaky pic and bad light.
7934297584_b533e9511c_z.jpg

Looks like it was growing a baby inside.

Looks like it was growing a baby inside.

You know what, they all have that, and Ive noticed I get alot of these baby peppers growing inside with these larger Orange Habs. Does anyone know why this happends?

* In an Arnold Schwartznegger voice, "no its not a tumor".

Most definately a cross of some sort. Very intersting and nice looking. Looks like a little scorpion tail on them..

You know what, they all have that, and Ive noticed I get alot of these baby peppers growing inside with these larger Orange Habs. Does anyone know why this happends?

* In an Arnold Schwartznegger voice, "no its not a tumor".

Can't tell you why it happens, but I've seen it quite often too. Not just in orange habs, but also in other varieties as well.

Back