• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health Will my hot pepper plants produce year round? Pics*

So I live in Naples Florida. Im currently growing Black Cobra aka Goats weed plants. Its pretty warm here year round. Will my plants produce year round or is it seasonal regardless? It hasn't produce fruits yet. Its only about 2 months old and in containers. First time grower btw.

Attachments

• IMG_20220414_085735.jpg
    IMG_20220414_085735.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 127
So I live in Naples Florida. Im currently growing Black Cobra aka Goats weed plants. Its pretty warm here year round. Will my plants produce year round or is it seasonal regardless? It hasn't produce fruits yet. Its only about 2 months old and in containers. First time grower btw.

Peppers are perennials. They can and will continue to produce if given good growing conditions. That means enough light, nutes, and the right range of temperatures. I understand that people in some parts of Florida are able to grow outside and harvest peppers year round. I am not sure if that applies to your specific area or not. But it is also possible to get peppers to produce year round by growing indoors. It does take a good amount of artificial lighting to grow most full size, mature pepper plants to fruit indoors though. Khang Starr has some videos on how to grow peppers to fruit indoors. Here is one:

my pepper have been giving me pepper for about 2.5 years now, but i do it indoors so its summer all year. if you plant it in the wild it probably would be different. i have peppers planted in different times so i have pepper coming pretty much every 2-3 week. got 2 plastic bags full of it in the freezer. family keeps asking me why i continue to grow it when i have so much, but right now its not just for the fruit it have became a hobby and something i enjoy to do.

IMG_3696.JPG

Peppers are perennials. They can and will continue to produce if given good growing conditions. That means enough light, nutes, and the right range of temperatures. I understand that people in some parts of Florida are able to grow outside and harvest peppers year round. I am not sure if that applies to your specific area or not. But it is also possible to get peppers to produce year round by growing indoors. It does take a good amount of artificial lighting to grow most full size, mature pepper plants to fruit indoors though. Khang Starr has some videos on how to grow peppers to fruit indoors. Here is one:

Thank you much!

Back