• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

greenhouse will pepper plants still grow if its cloudy weather?

Ive bough a greenhouse and planning to take some of my pepper plants outside this summer, But since i live in Norway, there will defiantly be some days where there will be rain and clouds covering the sun like it is today, Will example a week of cloudy weather make so it wont grow at all or will it still grow but in a slower rate?

At a sunny day they will get plenty of sun as i live so high up on the mountains it will be sun from morning to sun down so that wont be a problem, but what about cloudy wet weather?

We have our fair share of cloudy weather, and my peppers inside the window sill still grow and produce peppers, so I would say yes.

Hi Sinder,
you won't have an issue. Capsicum spp. are naturally growing in areas where they do not have full sun. Many are even adapted to quite high altitudes. It will be the night-time temp and size of pots that determine your success, not so much the clouds.
Good luck and best regards from Denmark.
C.

Hi Sinder,
you won't have an issue. Capsicum spp. are naturally growing in areas where they do not have full sun. Many are even adapted to quite high altitudes. It will be the night-time temp and size of pots that determine your success, not so much the clouds.
Good luck and best regards from Denmark.
C.
Thanks, yea the pots are quite big, and i was thinking to wait until mid june before putting them outside to make sure the temp stays atleast 15C over night, worst case a bit less. but not less then 10C

the peppers in the tent i was planning to take outside in the green house, il start with 2 peppers to see how they thrive as the 2 other plants is kinda growing ontop of the other peppers blocking the light for them so, a bit old picture, would have taken a new if the light wasnt off now.

IMG_3740.JPG

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if it's cloudy, your plants are still soaking up UV rays from the sun, if it's cloudy they will get between 15% - 45% less. but truth be told, they are still getting what they need to be able to function and produce

Back