Will peppers grow any larger once they change to final color?

I've noticed that about 1/3 of my orange habanero plant's peppers will ripen but not be any bigger than a dime or penny.  They are bright orange and very hot, but tiny.  Once a pepper has changed to its final color will it grow any larger or should I just pick them and enjoy them?

Sounds like you're starting to see some winter pods. They tend to stay small late in the season. I'm guessing there aren't many seeds in them, either. I agree with MWM... pick them. They won't be getting any bigger. Best of luck!

Thanks guys.  Thats what I figured.  I've got a hodge-bodge of leftover peppers from this years growing season that I am going to use in a "Heinz-57" hot sauce.  I think I'll toss these little suckers in as well.

Be careful of very undersized peppers.  I would cut them open before you eat them to make sure they aren't molded on the inside.  In the two years I've been growing, I've noticed that a lot with the undersized peppers I've picked.  Last year was a nightmare where I had to toss nearly 50% of my harvests because they were molded.  This year was much better, but the VAST majority of my ripened peppers were full size.  The only ones that have been molded on the inside were the undersized ones.

compmodder26 said:
Be careful of very undersized peppers.  I would cut them open before you eat them to make sure they aren't molded on the inside.  In the two years I've been growing, I've noticed that a lot with the undersized peppers I've picked.  Last year was a nightmare where I had to toss nearly 50% of my harvests because they were molded.  This year was much better, but the VAST majority of my ripened peppers were full size.  The only ones that have been molded on the inside were the undersized ones.

Interesting!  I wouldn't have even thought to check.  I was gonna throw them in the blender whole.  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll report back on if any of them were moldy

Back