• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Will removing bottom leaves create more forks?

Will removing bottom leaves create more forks? My plants have only a few forks at the moment but ton of leaves below the first fork. Should I remove them all? Will that allow the plant to have more energy to make more forks and thus, more peppers?

In my opinion removing bottom leaves will not create more forks. I only remove bottom leaves that are unhealthy, or near the soil to avoid fungii and pest problems but generally if a leaf is healthy it is still useful for photosynthesis

In my opinion removing bottom leaves will not create more forks. I only remove bottom leaves that are unhealthy, or near the soil to avoid fungii and pest problems but generally if a leaf is healthy it is still useful for photosynthesis

+1 I recently had a Master Gardner tell me if the leaf is green it's working to keep the plant growing and healthy.

+2 I have to agree, IME. Topping does however work quite nicely.

I let the bottom leaves fall off on their own. It's empowering to the plant to let them make their own decisions. :)

Back