• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Windmill Hot pepper Sauce

I've only ever seen this once in England. I was wondering if any of you have tried it and what you think of it. It comes from Barbados. I'd say medium hot, very thick and quite vinegary. I only had a quick taste and that was after a hotter sauce so I don't know how accurate my taste of it was. RB

Image0011-1.jpg

I didn't think many people would have seen it in England but I wasn't sure about other countries. I've only seen it on one internet site in the UK and they reckon it's popular with its customers. I had to give it a try as it was pretty cheap, then again the label isn't the most expensive looking one ever is it?

While I haven't seen that one, I like Caribbean sauces as a general rule....especially if I get to collect them in person.

Some of the best sauces are cheap. One of my favorites was this local sauce I picked up in the Bahama's. It had a piece of paper on it that looked like it was printed of an ink jet. Clarke's Goat Pepper Sauce.

Awesome.

I know what you mean about some of the cheap, rare sauces that you come across. I bought this one and have never seen it again. Not hot but tastes lovely.

Image007-6.jpg

:shocked: yea thats a BIG bottle of hot sauce! :cool:
all you hot sauce makers take note & start selling your hot sauces in that size of bottle, instead of those little kiddy size bottles :lol:

It was 375mls, I sure most sauce bottles are around 150mls. It was so cheap as well but I've never seen it again. It was just over a pound, I think that's around $1.85, in Euros I think around 1.50.

Windmill Sauce

I don't know if your in the UK or US, but we carry the Windmill Sauces here in Miami. Just returned from Barbados last week for a little R&R.

Welcome Alex. I'm from England, there's only one English site I've found that sells it. It's very vinegary (bottle was finished ages ago) but for the cheap price it's one to try just to rate it.

Back