wine Wine Collection

I just spent 20 minutes going into great deal to explain what each bottle was (year and type) and some how managed to press a wrong button and deleted it all so here is the very much shortened version.......

Reds:
IMG_0926.jpg

Whites:
IMG_0930.jpg

Ports:
IMG_0931.jpg

This a bottle of 1944 Australian made port......Pretty rare and a tad expensive.....
IMG_0932.jpg

This a bottle of Wyndham Estate Cabernet Merlot 1997.....I was lucky enough to get a taste of this a few years ago and I went back in to the winery to buy a bottle and they couldn't find any......The guy finally came out after about 5 minutes with a bottle in hand so I got it. (for a pretty large sum) and as I got the docket, the manager came out and saw the bottle and asked the guy where he got it....Well....It turns out at this bottle was the last one and was kept aside for some big south african share holder that was coming over.....:lol:......As you can see I didn't give it back!!!!! Very rare....

IMG_0928.jpg

Nice collection there, mate!

Seppelt have always produced good ports, but Penfolds' Grandfather is still the finest port in the world to my palate...

My favourite wine area is Margaret River - where are those from? Mostly Hunter Valley?

thanks mate

Yeah penfolds' Grandfather is most certainly a great drop..

Most of my reds are either from the Barossa Valley in South Australia or from Pokolbin in New South Wales.....Pokolbin is only 20 minutes drive from my place.....

The Wyndham Estate wine I have own its own is from a vineyard that's only 15 minutes away...:D

I Love the Margaret River stuff as well and I was lucky enough to be there a few years ago......Don't really remember the day after about 3pm...:lol:

Nice le sommelier Moy! The white ports look more like sauterne in the pics. Why not drink that 1944? It ain't gettin' any better.

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
Nice le sommelier Moy! The white ports look more like sauterne in the pics. Why not drink that 1944? It ain't gettin' any better.

Salute', TB.

Yeah the bottle on the right of the port photo is a sauterne. The 3 in the middle are white ports and the bottle on the left is a muscat.....

And I guess I just haven't found the right occasion to open the 1944 port. It cost a lot of money so I really need a good excuse to open it.....

I just did some looking and I can get another bottle of the 1944 or even the 1939.....If I could replace it then I wouldn't feel so bad about drinking it!!!!!!

Problem is if I ever have kids, they'll be getting home education cause if I buy another bottle of this stuff I won't be able to afford to send them to school....:lol:

moyboy said:
I just did some looking and I can get another bottle of the 1944 or even the 1939.....If I could replace it then I wouldn't feel so bad about drinking it!!!!!!

Problem is if I ever have kids, they'll be getting home education cause if I buy another bottle of this stuff I won't be able to afford to send them to school....:lol:

Kids are overrated anyway. Trust me I know. You could always raise a few shekels for another '44 or the '39 by selling the kids to the government for scientific experiments. These guys did just that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8tNa9QsYU&feature=PlayList&p=6E3A5F07B9FD39B7&playnext

Salute', TB.

texas blues said:
Kids are overrated anyway. Trust me I know. You could always raise a few shekels for another '44 or the '39 by selling the kids to the government for scientific experiments. These guys did just that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8tNa9QsYU&feature=PlayList&p=6E3A5F07B9FD39B7&playnext

Salute', TB.

:lol:

chilliman said:
How much Moy ?

Not as much as i'm probably making out but for port it's still bloody expensive......I could get the 39 for about $200

Yeah but they are mostly out of stock plus they have the newer labels on them so that's why they are cheaper.......

You are correct in your thought that I do not drink the label BUT, for resale value...the orginal label is needed.......Did you happen to see the price of the 100 year old ones....Nothing Cheaper then $1250. :shocked:

Back