wine Wine Review Sites/Data Bases?

staffing said:
I was up in Nova Scotia this summer, and was shocked at the wine prices. In some cases, I paid double up there what I would have paid here....and TN has the highest alcohol taxes in the U.S.
I saw some interesting Canadian wines (ice wines I think?) but they were pretty steep as well.

Ya me dear ol Da lives in NS & they are one of the more heavily taxed provinces, (which really makes no sense) but generally Canadian wines are not that pricey, between $10-15. Ice wines on the other hand are going to sting abit.
Aussie wines get hit hard here in Ont(& Canada I assume), most start at $15 and end at $22-25, other than import taxes I haven't figured out why?? But other than that, unless you’re after higher end wine, most of the worlds wine is between $10-15.

xgrafcorex said:
yea, i've got a friend up in NS that i did a beer trade with..doesn't sound like living there is the best for alcohol price and variety. well particularly with beer. neither of us are big wine drinkers.
Have you tried Propeller (ale, IPA, stout) or Frosted Frog, both of those are NS beers & are pretty good.

Chris Kewley said:
Have you tried Propeller (ale, IPA, stout) or Frosted Frog, both of those are NS beers & are pretty good.

i sent him a bottle of dogfish head 90 min, yeti imperial stout, and corsendonk abbey brown ale. he sent me a bottle of propeller IPA and their revolution russian imperial stout, along with a bottle of st. ambroise oatmeal stout. i really liked all the beers.

later down the road, he was telling me about the garrison imperial pale ale http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1879/38101 and said it was better than the propeller. was gonna try to get some of that stuff on our next trade if it was still available.

Back