• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Winston's Jamaican Style Hot Pepper Sauce

Gotta plug some local product here.....

winstonshot.jpg

I picked up a bottle of this at the recent Austin Hot Sauce Festival. Quite a taste treat for a mere four bucks a bottle. This stuff has a very unique flavor that I've never encountered anything quite like. I guess it's close to Jerk seasoning but still original. The sauce has a few UNUSUAL INGREDIENTS such as honey, peanut oil, tamarind, dill and ginger that help it stand out.

Heat level is about a 6, I'd say. More flavor than drastic heat, for sure. It comes in HOT nad MILD. I tried the HOT...of course. I would recommend this if you are interested in something a little different than the usual Carib hab/scotch bonnet/carrot stuff.

For more info check out this link:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2004-08-27/food_string6.html

and here's their homepage:

http://www.winstonshotsauce.com/

(no, I don't work for them....just wanted to share a unique flavor expeience!)

This stuff is great. I've eaten his jerk chicken at the Flamingo Cantina on 6th st, then I bought a bottle of that hot sauce. That was probably 4 years or so ago when I was 18

Sickmont said:
wow, talk about bringing some old posts up.

Lol I was searching for hot sauce and this popped up. Just cause it's three years ago doesn't mean the sauce kicks any less ass ;) You should get you a bottle, sickmont.

Txclosetgrower said:
Lol I was searching for hot sauce and this popped up. Just cause it's three years ago doesn't mean the sauce kicks any less ass ;) You should get you a bottle, sickmont.

Dude, i am all about caribbean(mostly Jamaican) foods and beers and peppers so i've already ordered a couple of bottles from them this morning.

Lovely jerk chicken with a decent sauce,Seems everybody has there own recipe for this great sauces and the ingredients in this one seem very interesting :)

Back