• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

winter melon

this is my winter melon. it just started fruiting.
here is its flowers
p1030673s.jpg
p1030667s.jpg

and its fruits/vege
p1030668s.jpg

p1030670s.jpg

nice! i didn't know that the flower looks like that. I just started my melons 2 weeks ago.

did you manually pollinate the flowers or did the insects did that for you?

nice! i didn't know that the flower looks like that. I just started my melons 2 weeks ago.

did you manually pollinate the flowers or did the insects did that for you?
well the insects did it for me.. thats why, i have about 20 flowers all over only 2 fruits are there.

i have already harvested 2 melons. each more the 2 kgs. Currently waiting to harvest another one. It looks like the vines and my fencing cannot take its weight anymore.
p1040356s.jpg

yup that's the one we have here. so your wintermelon is the rare type?

how do you prepare your melons?
hi siling ,sorry for late reply.

my winter melon is not a rare type. its one of the common ones here.

well usually my wife cooks it in a chicken soup. we also cook it in a lentil curry. :)
so how do you cook it over there ?:)

hi siling ,sorry for late reply.

my winter melon is not a rare type. its one of the common ones here.

well usually my wife cooks it in a chicken soup. we also cook it in a lentil curry. :)
so how do you cook it over there ?:)

yummy curry.

same here. usually added in soups but the candied wintermelon(kundol) is more popular. :)

hmm i am guessing those were not winter melons...
they could be honey dew melon, rock melon....etc.. those are sweet and eaten raw. :)

from what I remember, the wintermelons we tasted are not sweet but rather bland.

I finally got some wintermelon flowers. unfortunately, all are males. :(

img3865cd.jpg

i wonder if i can cross this with cukes?

Back