• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

winter melon

srin,

finally got a female flower this morning. I manually pollinated it. Hope it will develop fruit.

img3951m.jpg
hehe you manually polinated it.. who was the father ? lol

good luck.. i had a few that did not make it. it turn brown and drop off. i think each vine branch allows only one. when there is two one sacrifices and dies. haha

hehe you manually polinated it.. who was the father ? lol

good luck.. i had a few that did not make it. it turn brown and drop off. i think each vine branch allows only one. when there is two one sacrifices and dies. haha

I fingered the melon flower. :D

guess your right about the 1:1 rule. I have a melon that aborted the second fruit to give way to the 1st. :D

hope this wintermelon will fully develop. :D

update on my wintermelon
img4306s.jpg

sri, how would you know if this fuzzy thing is ripe enough to harvest? I want to harvest it with viable seeds inside? I wanna make it candied.:)

update on my wintermelon
img4306s.jpg

sri, how would you know if this fuzzy thing is ripe enough to harvest? I want to harvest it with viable seeds inside? I wanna make it candied.:)
Usually I wait for the powder to form and tiny needles to drop.you also check if there is movement inside when you shake the fruit. It means the seeds are matured and loose.

Back