• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter Moths!

I've had something eating holes in my plants all season, and after finding a few caterpillars i'm pretty sure it's Winter Moths. The damage to my plants leaves looks like what i see on trees in my area. Does anyone else have problems with moths or a way to deal with them?

Don't think it would be moths, because they can't eat anything but their host tree. None of them eat anything close enough to pepper to be living on them.

If you see them on your plants you can pick them off and kill them however you wish,otherwise you will need to spray BT on n your plants.

cruzzfish said:
Don't think it would be moths, because they can't eat anything but their host tree. None of them eat anything close enough to pepper to be living on them.
Huh, didn't know that. I guess this question was stupid then. Anyone know a pest that could cause similar damage?

BR2Ykg4.jpg
oAnOy5s.jpg
QgF5zwV.jpg
lrrezU1.jpg

So I had a look on the plants and i couldn't find any caterpillars. I recently moved them to a new location and the damage seems to have stopped. The plants were below some trees before, any chance the caterpillars were falling off the trees?

And then I bet the little bastards were climbing back up in the trees before the sun came up.  Glad the damage has stopped.  I had leaves that were eaten clean on one side, but the other was untouched.  Some with holes in the middle like yours.  But haven't had much trouble lately.  Hope it holds up for the both of us.

M

Back