• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wood Vinegar

A friend of my wifes (in the Ag department) gave her a bottle of wood vinegar to use on my C. chinense. I just started using it yesterday as an insecticide and foliar food.
I'm still having soil issues which don't show up until about 3 months after planting. This is true for both my potted plants and the plants in the ground. In one of the links I found (it's at the bottom of this thread), it talks about chili plants and Nematodes. So, today I mixed a 1:100 ratio (wood vinegar to water) and watered 4 of my worst plants; soaking the entire root zone to see if it will help.
Here's the link;
http://cukayu.blogspot.com/2008/09/typical-consumption-and-dilution.html

Anybody else used or using wood vinegar? Cheers

i think mostly asia uses it.

Maybe it goes by another name elsewhere?

You may be right about Asia; but I don't think it goes by another name. That's based on my searches on the i-net.
So, how you doing? Plants okay? I hope so. Mine are just okay; not great...I need to figure out the soil/micro-organism thing here.
Cheers.

Most of my chinenses, like yours, have some soil problems after the third month. Most of them died and i ditch the rest as it was sickly looking or almost dead.

So im starting over, have some success with tomatoes though :)

Most of my chinenses, like yours, have some soil problems after the third month. Most of them died and i ditch the rest as it was sickly looking or almost dead.

So im starting over, have some success with tomatoes though :)

That's why I'm banking on the wood vinegar; it's supposed to work against the bad Nematodes but leave to good stuff alone. There is a similar product called Bamboo vinegar; but they are essentially the same thing and can be taken and used by humans as well. Fascinating stuff.
Cheers.

Back