• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Woodchuck help

wordwiz said:
I used a 30.06 to get rid of mine, and I live in the city. I was willing to let it live in peace until it grabbed a 24" cuke from my garden and started eating it. Bit it in half and after eating half of it and taking a nap, decided to go back for the other half. Had to crouch by the deck for 15 minutes waiting for the varmint to stick his head out far enough for a clean shot, but he eventually did.

Mike

30.06 in the city! :shocked: Wow. I've shot them with a .22 plenty of times but I would have the cops there in a minute if I used my 30.06. :lol:

WOW 21 replies and only 1 useful suggestion. If your not gonna help dont hijack the thread.

Bama I was thinking of relocating him, but its illegal in CT to relocate wildlife less it's rabid. I was thinking I could mix some pepper extract and make it really unappealing to him?

newhotstuff said:
WOW 21 replies and only 1 useful suggestion. If your not gonna help dont hijack the thread.

Bama I was thinking of relocating him, but its illegal in CT to relocate wildlife less it's rabid. I was thinking I could mix some pepper extract and make it really unappealing to him?

No worries, OT threads happen a lot around here...basically it's the norm. ;)

Seems you MIGHT be able to turn them off with stuff like Marigolds. Which BTW, also repels a lot of nasty bugs too...we always planted them in our veggie rows as a kid. Plus they're pretty.

Anyways..there are services in your area. IDK which part of CT you're in, but there is this I found with a quick Google:

http://www.aallanimalcontrol.com/Bethany_Connecticut_Woodchuck_and_Groundhog_Removal_and_Control.cfm

You might try calling local animal control, local conservation officer or a local wildlife agency also.

I'd think there would be something, eh? :)

I thought going OT was sort of required, unless you are the first responder! The last forum I belonged to that didn't allow OT posts was CompuServe and that was back in the early '90s. Even then, we would but always mention The Award Winning PagePlus 3 in the post, if only to say we used it to produce flyers for our peppers or tomatoes!

Mike

get some radioactive sources and instill them sporadically throughout your yard :) ...just be careful when you mow

Fr0tran said:
get some radioactive sources and instill them sporadically throughout your yard :) ...just be careful when you mow

Oh no! Another member from Cleveland. What is this forum devolving into???

You all need to move to a respectable city, like Cincinnati!

BTW, way, way OT, but Fox news had a report today where King James was participating in a B-Ball clinic and some college player dunked all over him. LJ had the people confiscate the tape.

If I heard right, the player sat out last year and will be attending Xavier University (in Cincinnati) this fall.

Mike

Back