• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce woot, new sauces for me :)

just ordered the other day, and got them in today. 7 bottles of daves sauces, and one of the daves 6 pepper selector dried thing or whatever.

1 hurtin habanero
1 hurtin jalepeno
1 jammin jerk
1 cool cayanne
1 carribean hot sauce
1 scotch bonnet hot sauce
1 roasted garlic

:) my favorite is the hurtin habanero, it tastes so good and it has a nice kick. the carribean and roasted garlic are good too. the others i didnt get eat too much of.

:) :)

I have only tried one of Dave's products, which was the Scotch Bonnet hot sauce. Really dug it and used it on my egges every morning for about 2 weeks...still havce yet to do a review for that one....alas...too many sauces, too little time.

I am interested in the dry selector thingy. How's that working for you?

well, im not sure. it has a chipotle section, (i dont really care for that) and it has 4 fine ground peppers that would be good on chilli or something, and then (the reason i bought it) it has dried hab flakes. those are hot. but ive yet to try it on anything, i just got it today.

i tried all of the sauces on multiple chips, and some werent really good on the chips - jerk, scotch bonnet, blah, those would be better on other things. the hab, carrib, and garlic ones kicked ass on the chips though.

imaguitargod said:
Why don't you like chipotle?

i never have. i love smoked food, but i cant stand smoked peppers.

i dont know why. ive never had a chipotle sauce that was good (that i enjoyed, i should say). to me its nothing more than a ruined jalapeno.

Ross, I agree with you. It's strange ain't it? I love smoked everything, except chiptoles. I recently got a can of chipotles in adobo and they were sickening. I prefer fresh pepper sauces to chipotle sauces anyday. I have been trying to figure out what I don't like about it. I think it has something to do with the sweet and smoky together. I have some "roasted" pepper sauces to try, that are not smoked.

thehotpepper.com said:
Ross, I agree with you. It's strange ain't it? I love smoked everything, except chiptoles. I recently got a can of chipotles in adobo and they were sickening. I prefer fresh pepper sauces to chipotle sauces anyday. I have been trying to figure out what I don't like about it. I think it has something to do with the sweet and smoky together. I have some "roasted" pepper sauces to try, that are not smoked.

Uh oh....:(

I'm still trying to figure out if it's chipotle, or a combination of ingredients with chipotle I don't like, I'm not ruling out chipotle altogether yet.

thehotpepper.com said:
I'm still trying to figure out if it's chipotle, or a combination of ingredients with chipotle I don't like, I'm not ruling out chipotle altogether yet.

ive tried several brands, that i cannot remember now (its been a while) and ive tried it on certain things, you know, stuff that comes with chipotle sauce.. and yeah, i dont get it. to each his own!

The best chipoltle sauce I've had was Scotty B's SMOK'IN BBQ FLAVOR CHIPOTLE PEPPER sauce. It's really good. Some of you chipotle sauce dislikers may like this one.

imaguitargod said:
The best chipoltle sauce I've had was Scotty B's SMOK'IN BBQ FLAVOR CHIPOTLE PEPPER sauce. It's really good. Some of you chipotle sauce dislikers may like this one.

does it taste like chipotle? :shocked:

thehotpepper.com said:
I recently got a can of chipotles in adobo and they were sickening.

Wow, i go through about 10 or 15 cans of those a week....i use em' for quickie snacks and such...althought, they do have way too mush sodium in em.

imaguitargod said:
I am interested in the dry selector thingy. How's that working for you?

My friend Jeff uses that selector thing constantly. His only complaint is it's too small for him. Him and his wife are chefs, and they burn one of those up about every 2 or 3 weeks

Sickmont said:
My friend Jeff uses that selector thing constantly. His only complaint is it's too small for him. Him and his wife are chefs, and they burn one of those up about every 2 or 3 weeks

its pretty small yeah. ive yet to try any of the powdered stuff. ive only used the hab flakes on pizza. mmmmmmmmboy those are good :shocked:

Back