• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

World's Hottest habanero? What is this?

Seen a couple other posts similar to mine here lately but one plant I have is a Bonnie plant from Lowes and was labeled "world's Hottest" habanero, I didn't take a picture of the plant but will do so but here is an almost ripe pod I pulled, what is this, I don't think it is a habanero?

IMG_20120711_200755.jpg

no way to tell really....it does have a fatalii or bhut shape, but pod shape variation is very common...

It is obvious that this is a yellow capsicum chinense but trying to find the variety is what I was after here though that may be impossible, and yes believe it or not this plant came from Lowes and I as I mentioned there were certain plants labeled simply habanero then next to them were some trays with plants labeled worlds hottest habanero

Potawie I understand there's no way to be sure I was just looking for suggestions on what you guys thought it may be and the suggestions here give me some ideas though in the end it really doesn't matter, it is a nice plant putting out a lot of very hot peppers and that's what I was looking for, again thanks for all the replies.

These guessing games always create new names that don't comport with taxonomy any more than Lowes.

Why is it so important to have a name for what is plainly a chinense?

These guessing games always create new names that don't comport with taxonomy any more than Lowes.

Why is it so important to have a name for what is plainly a chinense?

Agreed that there may not ever be confirmation and yes it is clearly a chinense but what do I call it when it's clearly not a habanero, and thus what this subforum of ID'ing peppers is for right?

Back