• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Worm compost Tea

Directions; mix 1-1/2 cups of worm castings and 2 tbsp. molasses in a gallon of water. Run the air stone for 12 hours and then mix the 1 gallon of tea with 2 gallons of water and apply; yes?
I just bought an air pump and 2 stones and I'm ready to go...sort of, if that info is correct.
I got it from marito on his thread, but his instructions weren't clear to my addled brain. ;) Cheers.

that's basically how i make mine. i do also add used coffee grounds, bat guano, and whatever i can get my hands on that i think that helps. so far i haven't killed my plants from the application of the stuff i do add into the glop i call aerated compost tea. =D

been applying the stuff for 3 weeks now. all my plants are doing a lot better, even the plants that i thought that were going to die are thriving. the soil / growing medium is a lot fluffier, softer and workable, more "life" is found in the soil (hopefully the good kind).

the sowed seeds watered with diluted compost tea are also germinating a lot faster than expected.

i still kill a plant here and there, "user error" as always.. i'm a noob and this is my first year. so with this stuff, it helps me a whole lot. i apply once a week.

Well, I put 6 cups of worm poop and 8 tbsps. of raw sugar into 4 gallons of rainwater. I've got 2 air stones kicking out lots of oxygen and I'll let it run for 24 hrs., which will be 10 tomorrow morning. Cheers.

EDIT: If anybody knows a better way please say and if what I did isn't good, please speak up. Cheers.

looks good to me. =D

i dilute mine up to a quarter strength to water everything i got.

also looking for some comments on better ways of doing this

Back