• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Worst Hot sauce you've ever tasted?

I need to retract my statement on Satan's Blood. I put it on a beef sandwich and I was surprised the flavors really fit the bill. It could be that the bottle I have is about 10 years old and the flavors really developed, or my palate has changed that much. I was surprised it did not spoil being that old. It will be added to my current rotation again, made my day.

I really like Franks. The xtra hot. I use it for flavor and ad pure evil or a super hot sauce for heat. I put that s@%T ON EVERYTHING

I had one experience in a BBQ joint that had a hot sauce bar involving a plate of brisket. It was one of the things that set me off to try to make sauce.

I grabbed two sauces - one was "the Cheech" "gnarly garlic", the other was one that I will not name. The Cheech was delicious - huge flavor, but had no heat at all. The other one was drizzled onto my brisket, because it had nothing to indicate how ridiculously hot it was or that it was loaded with extract.

Long story short it ruined like $15 worth of brisket. To the point that I didn't even take the leftovers. It had a sour-alcohol-brutally hot flavor that was so strong it drowned out a brisket that had been lovingly smoked for hours.

No point in naming it but that was hands down the worst hot sauce I've ever eaten. The Cheech was among the best tasting but is a super mild.

Unknown if they're a member here, I just feel wrong about dissing anyone's hot sauce. I've said it before - starting/running a business is tough enough - I wish anyone who does it all the success in the world.

And besides, I kinda owe them thanks, as had they not ruined my meal I may never have started making hot sauce in the 1st place!
:cheers:

Back