• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Worst State in the Union, 3 years running

Cyclist tend to look out for one another here. There was one incident with an assault a few months back. New Mexico does allow open carry and loaded carry on a bike inside a pack. The main problem is that we have a catch and release program of violent criminals here.

I hope the weather gets better so you can ride again Cane!

moruga welder said:
sure as hell I'd bet my life , ILL - INOIS  would be # 1 worst state !  awful here !

I know what you mean. When people ask me why my wife and I left I tell them that eventually Ill-annoy was going to start on fire and the state would have no money to put it out. That place is fucked. Absolutely fucked priorities.

Seems to me some of the criteria are skewed.

What about weather?

What about access to healthcare?

What about food costs?

What about energy costs?

What about condition of infrastructure?

What about taxes?

What about restrictive government regulations?

To name a few...

Cities in the Peoples Republic of California are the best places to live? Seriously?

alkhall said:

Cities in the Peoples Republic of California are the best places to live? Seriously?

California is a great place to live. If you don't mind the crippling cost of living. It's like treading water with concrete shoes. People shouldn't need to worry how they're gonna afford gas to get to work. Been paying $4.15 a gallon lately.

I'll take both those prices any day :P . Danish gas prices are much higher. At the place we usually go to the price today is 11,79 DKK per liter which would be around $6.71 per gallon.

Louisiana should be higher on that list. I love it here but government is a shitshow.

We didn't get a tax cut due to an La law that says if the Feds don't take it then the local government can.
Roads are junk and dealing with construction on I-10 is a way of life.
For every "Now Hiring" sign on the interstate there's 18 attorney signs chasing law suits.
The Democrat governor that backed into a win is suing the oilfield companies for damage to the swamp/marsh land so about 90% of them left and went to Texas. That killed the economy and people are moving to Texas for jobs.
Medicinal marijuana has been approved for 2.5 years but they still can't figure out how to manage it so there's none available.
Auto insurance rates are high because state law says the jury isn't allowed to know the driver wasn't wearing a seat belt and most Jurors assume they were so settlements are higher.
In Louisiana, residents don't have a right to a jury trial for auto accidents unless the total damages sustained are at least $50,000.
Many cases stipulate $49,999 in damages so they don't go to a jury but to decided by a judge, that means fast money depending on how the judge feels that day.
All of the major fishing tournaments left due to the waterways laws. Usually if the water is tidal then anyone is allowed to fish it even if it crosses private property but not anymore. After a land owner pulled a gun on a Bass Masters fisherman they pulled out of the state.

I could go on. The cost of living is cheap and it's a fun place to live but the local government is as corrupt as DC.

parker49 said:

Weren't you trying to move to Tennessee a few years ago?
ah . you still remember .  Yes we are , we were down in Nashville area ( Smyrna ) looking at a few homes , mama can transfer down there anytime , 
as for me I'd have to find something . A few years tho I'm done anyway , but yep , we been down about 5 times looking at houses ,

almost got me a 5 acre w/little pond & creek ,for 50,000 . damn wished I would of . Waiting for the right one .     :party:

moruga welder said:
ah . you still remember .  Yes we are , we were down in Nashville area ( Smyrna ) looking at a few homes , mama can transfer down there anytime , 
as for me I'd have to find something . A few years tho I'm done anyway , but yep , we been down about 5 times looking at houses ,

almost got me a 5 acre w/little pond & creek ,for 50,000 . damn wished I would of . Waiting for the right one .     :party:
TN is nice mostly and growing really fast, especially Nashville but you'd be more out in the country i'm sure. Good luck, i'm sure you will make it down here one day  :drooling:

Back