• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Would a foliar spray of liquid kelp be a bad idea in the night?

I'm running out of time. First frost will be sometime in October. My ghosts and Habs need all the help they can get. Would spraying at night be a bad idea, or should I wait to do this in early morning?

To me it doesn't really matter because sometimes it rains at night right? I used to water at night because I didn't have time before work and I would get water all over the leaves (If you're worried about mold or mildew or whatever) some say I can't remember exactly or how it spelled but the stomata? (The pores in the leaves) are open more at night during gas transfer and a foliar spray will enter leaf tissue better? Everyone gardens different ya know, me personally I never foliar spray because I have never found it to make my plants better. I just dump whatever I'm using in the soil and let the roots do what they do :-) no harm in it but for me it's never made a difference, others may have a different opinion so take this as a grain of salt. Keeping them warm for as long as you can will help the most ;-)

cover them up with plastic at not , protect them from frost . move containers inside to garage etc. some of mine that have a good amount of fruit left will be moved into the green house .  but kelp won't help you much .     :onfire:

Back