• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

WOW! Check out this 'NEW' Butch T!

they have this add on Amazon as well, except there are 3 pics. One is that pic, and the other two actually are Butch Ts.

http://www.amazon.com/Trinidad-Scorpion-Butch-Pepper-Plants/dp/B0075NOYKC/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1336031090&sr=8-16

I am guessing it is a stock pic. Anyone look at his other auctions? Is he using that same pic for Nagas, Habs, etc? I am not defending the practice, as it is confusing, but it might not be out and out fraud. I definitely wont be purchasing any... :)

As terrible as Hirt's and Reimer's are, there's a nursery in Georgia called TyTy's that puts all other nurseries to shame when it comes to selling mislabeled plants, dead plants, promising refunds or replacements and not sending them, claiming that replacements were sent when they weren't, not letting people cancel orders, making people pay to ship back dead plants for refunds, using other business names to trick people into thinking it's a different nursery, lying to the Better Business Bureau, etc. Just about any kind of shameful and unethical practice you can think of they do. They even sued Garden Watchdog to get their comment page removed. If you google TyTy's nursery there are a bunch of threads on various message boards discussing all the shenanigans they've pulled. It's kind of funny some of the outrageous stuff they've pulled (probably not as funny for all their victims). I's amazing that they are still allowed to do business at all. So if you ever come across TyTy's nursery, also known as Aaron's nursery and other aliases, stay away.

On the bottom right of the page the link takes you to is a box to "report item". Click it and follow the directions. Only takes a minute and if enough of us do it maybe Ebay will take it serious enough to get Hirts to at least post the correct picture.

On the bottom right of the page the link takes you to is a box to "report item". Click it and follow the directions. Only takes a minute and if enough of us do it maybe Ebay will take it serious enough to get Hirts to at least post the correct picture.

Well you learn something new everyday, thanks Patrick i never seen that before.

Mezo.

Outbackshacktraderss is a wanker. He killed ebay for people that were selling proper seeds. With his listing saying that plants should be spaced at 30cm and rows 30cm apart, clearly he has never grown any. You uonce had a picture of the seed that was clearly not scorps. Besides all that, I love how at the bottom of his page he states that the chilli is good to "stop bleeding". WTF? So if you cut yourself, rub a ButchT into it! lol. Yeah. That will make you all better.

Seems as though I may have been swindled (see my post for the fact I had my first peppers bear an eerie resemblance to the ones in the picture), since that's the seller I got the seeds from. Hard lesson learned, and at least I didn't spend much for them. Seems like too much effort to get back the $15 I spent to get the seeds, thought in the post I purchased them back in February, they actually used the correct photo for a Butch T, not the one on the link :P

And to think, my weekend was going so well

And looking back at the receipt last night, it was more like $20, but still, it's hardly worth the effort to go after the guy for $20 online. I spend more than twice that in a week on soda.

Seems as though I may have been swindled (see my post for the fact I had my first peppers bear an eerie resemblance to the ones in the picture), since that's the seller I got the seeds from. Hard lesson learned, and at least I didn't spend much for them. Seems like too much effort to get back the $15 I spent to get the seeds, thought in the post I purchased them back in February, they actually used the correct photo for a Butch T, not the one on the link :P

And to think, my weekend was going so well

Sorry to hear buddy, that would be devistating for me as well.

So I think it's pretty much universally said so far that this guy's "business model" is finally catching up to him, and we should pretty much ignore anything this guy puts up on eBay & Amazon :)

Besides all that, I love how at the bottom of his page he states that the chilli is good to "stop bleeding". WTF? So if you cut yourself, rub a ButchT into it! lol. Yeah. That will make you all better.

I guess technically, it can, since the burning sensation will be so great, you'll forget you were bleeding in the first place

cayenne powder is in fact a good medicine

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4925036_cayenne-pepper-stop-bleeding.html

you can find lots of wonderful uses for chili peppers if you just look about

I have to admit, I am feeling slightly evil right now. I left a one-star comment on the guy's product page, stating that those weren't Butch T's in the first picture, and the heat record has since been surpassed by the Moruga :)

cayenne powder is in fact a good medicine

http://www.ehow.com/...p-bleeding.html

you can find lots of wonderful uses for chili peppers if you just look about

As someone who has eaten, grown, and generally dealt with a lot of different hot peppers I can state with 100% certainty that putting cayenne pepper in a bleeding wound will in fact burn like hell. The page I first read about pepper and bleeding stated "While it may seem counterintuitive (duh!) it doesn't burn at all!". Not my experience at all... :hot:

Ignore what I said last... My seeds came from Hinterland.... I must remember Hirts' name because I saw them on Amazon trying to sell impossible color roses that had awful customer reviews as being bogus

Back