• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Wow, pepper plants ARE resilient little buggers...

So, when I started my red brains I also started a moruga. Well, after 2 months I had given up on the moruga popping, but forgot to throw out the cup I started it in, which remained in a dark closet and hadn't been watered in a month. Last night I noticed the cup and took a look... Low and behold, the seed popped and apparently kept getting leggier and leggier til it reached OUT of the side of the cup on its never-ending hunt for sun-light. We're talking around a 4 inch stem at this point, it literally pushed its way through the plastic wrap cover I had on it.

Mind you, it hadn't been watered or seen light in a month. It's STILL alive. Obviously I'll need to bury most of it to give it any chance, but at this point I'm going to keep it around anyway. Survival of the fittest, and this plant clearly has the will to live. After all, the soil was bone dry, to the point that it was just a big hardened clump!

Anyone else ever seen a plant survive in that kind of conditions?

i've tossed scotch bonnet and orange hab into my unheated fish tank and they sprouted on the bottom of the tank. they died after i removed them.

Yup, similar story but not as long, I planted a Bhut the first yr of growing. I became inpatient with it, and just left it there with out watering or removing the plastic. I checked on it a week or two late and found a sprout lol. The moral of our stories is to NOT give up on our sprouts! I was just talking to a buddy of mine, he said his seed didnt srout for 40 days! LOL

I can believe it. Regardless, I'm going to see if I can keep that plant alive. The little trooper deserves his chance if he over-came those odds.

my first year as well and with no yard at this place, like all cement i didnt think i could grow anything so hope potted peppers work lol

The bonchi that I'm making was forgotten to the point where the leaves were wilted real bad with super dry soil and never bothered separating. I also offered it to a local member and said he didn't have space, but when I saw that bonchi competition I started watering it. Right now it's actually kinda of a looker, because I twisted 3 stems together and it's super healthy. Funny that it never really got stressed or yellowed out due to overwatering.

20130505_094818.jpg

, Vegas

Back