• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Wrong box of peppers

tfmiltz

Banned
I just pictured a shipping venture gone wrong.

Someone sends off a box of Moruga's to a wong address without tracking.

"Oh wow honey- they look like Scotch Bonnets - let's make a salsa tonight for the neighbors dinner party"

that actually happened to me, i had just moved to my new address and a buddy sent peppers to my old apt and people were living there, he sent me a new box but i had my mail forwarded but never got the first box so i had always wandered what they did with them.

Even better, you ship them to party X, but party Y thieves snatch them from the mailbox before they get them, result, poetic justice, and possibly natural selection at work, hehe, morgua's are great humblers for those who choose to make their living through thievery.

Rhody...

This is unrelated to peppers, but related in a way where you think you're getting something but you're way off, and Rhody reminded me of the thieves in my neighborhood. I had a sheet on the floor of my car (I put it on the seats when my dogs were in there) and the thieves must have thought that sheet was covering something valuable. Unfortunately for them when they got into the car and grabbed the sheet all they got were a pile of cow femurs. My dog were upset about the incident, more so than I was.

Sorry for being off topic, just thought that was funny.

Back