• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

snack-food Xochitl Chipotle Queso Dip

OH MY GOD, a chipotle I like!!

We ran into Carlos outside the Fiery Foods show and he had a jar of peppered crickets in his hand... That in and of itself was, for me, the taste sensation of the show... but that's another review!

When we ran into Carlos again at the show, he had his display set up and he had this Queso sauce which blows me away!

Now, by now, you all know that I am not a fan of chipotle. But this sauce, turns it into something special.

I'm getting ahead of myself now, let me tell you about it, as I usually would.

The label has a distinctly southwest look about it, almost an antique linen colour, it's very simple. It uses a scriptlike font which makes it very different from the labels we normally see. Very classy. Again, it's got the home-made bubble-jet printer look to the label, but because of its simplicity, it doesn't much detract from the label, in this case, it actually seems to add to its look.

Yet another jar with a best-before date... I'm liking that; the ingredients read as follows:

Cheddar Cheese Sauce, Aged Cheddar Cheese, Water (Partially hydrogenated soy bean oil), Chipotle Peppers, Tomatoes, Tomato Puree, Garlic, Skim Milk (Glucono-Delta-Lactone).

Out of Dallas Texas, Xochitl is the best thing to happen to taco chips!

The only negative thing I've found about this sauce is the horrificly pure chipotle smell when I open the jar. If you like chipotle, that might be a good smell for you.

Fortunately that smell disappears into the aged cheddar once on the tongue and it just tastes rich and cheesy and spicy the way a queso should.

If you like Queso dip, like I do... try this one. It's delish!

T

Back